ZOOM BSS [modified LAG] Grinder?!

• mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      Ok..

:f_cool: is back again..

I've finally understood the term "grinding" after all those years.. And so I will try to breakdown my statistics and sessions into hour by hour format in here..

Thanks to Pokerstrategy videos & strategies (really needed some guidance after longer break) I've realized that there is true potential in those to win some ca$h.

Without understanding what grinding means.. I wouldn't be able to do it, no matter what bankroll management I am going to set..

Awright!

Good luck to me, once again..

My starting BR is $15.68 (won 5.68) and first journey is NL2 with 25 BI rule.. I will sometimes add some tiny (and hopefully bigger) winnings from tournaments, they will be added with plus sort of not confusing myself & you :) I've got so far decent run in tourneys so can add later some bigger ca$h.

Good luck to all readers & ofc other "grinders" :)
  • 27 replies
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      001 hrs $ 14.15 -76.5 BB (horrible BR management, set < overpair, KJ 2x, KT 1x)
      002 hrs $ 18.86 +235.5 BB[/COLOR] (BSS > MSS I raise 8, call 8, hero raises to 34 with 0.9 stack. I shove, he folds. LOLOLOL)
      xxx shs $ 18.88 +1 BB (just short session. Coz am married :( Mainly blind wars :f_biggrin: )
      xxx 2ss $ 19.47 +29.5 BB (2 short sessions, misplayed KJ in first, had to break, flopped FH & Str8 Flush/stacked)
      ^^ :f_biggrin: RULE: BIG HANDS ARE FOR BIG POTS!
      004 hrs $ 20.75 +64 BB (2 hr session, very bad first hour diggin hole under my initial buy in. 2nd hour stacked so many people. Made couple of mistakes again, got some bad beats aka AK < AQ but overall much improved. Have to listen more to my instincts. I tend to spew and flip once I am ahead, which is not a good idea I guess?? :f_biggrin: )
      name of the game: FOLDem!
      put MONEY IN GOOD!
      STOP FLIPPING WITH PROFITS!
      HAVE PLAN HOW TO PLAY HAND (related to betting)
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      xxx shs $ 23.36 +130.5 BB (session started good with two double ups. I went back to Earth with set 3 < set 6. And of course made something that I am not sure of :s_evil: . Facing 4 bet on flop A88 (AQ).. He had AK ofc. Then managed to make 2 monster folds on river and stack up one guy on similar flop ATT (AK) > QQ. He just moved on me which didn't seem natural to $ 5 bully. All in all happy even though am not sure about those paired flops. Its around 50-50 I suppose)
      MAKE MORE GOOD FOLDS!!
    • ItsTeddyKGB
      ItsTeddyKGB
      Bronze
      Use the 'Enter' button on your keyboard more. It's there for a reason.

Like this.
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      noted :evil:

I was trying to save space..

I was trying to make track of my hourly rate..

But without tracker I have no idea. Some sessions are longer, some shorter, sometimes play more than 1 table.. Difficult. :s_evil:

anyway. Any idea of free tracker? I used to have PTR and maybe still have right to dnld one :s_cool:

--------------------------------------------------------

approx 2 hrs $ 29.65 +314.5 BB

Bad run in first hour made hole around $ 4 but I managed to keep losses low. Then I opened 4 ZOOMs and stormed back to profit. Was at peaks of $ 33 then all of a sudden table dynamics changed, I went also for couple of mistakes, bad spots and runs. And there we have it..

FOLD more!
      be less AGGRESSIVE :)

quickie approx 10 mins $ 30.78 +56.5 BB
      (this one was so quick I don't even remember what has happened. I am only sick from cbetting on flop 25Q (22) in pos with two checks in front :f_mad: Never seen quicker folds :s_evil:

Oh yeah! I remember one more sick hand. I went broke with (33) on flop K3x with double spades, resp on turn. He had unfortunately Cowboys :f_eek: )

Am I winning on those stakes? I'm still far from believing it.. :s_biggrin:

One more quickie b4 I went to sleep.
      Another 10 minute session $ 36.62 +292 BB
      (just last one deal with my wife. This time I was running bloody hot! Even flopped quads with my (KK) but I would prefer to hit just fullhouse. Coz I got paid only on turn and even tried to check river :s_evil: Got away 1/2 stack with cbet QQ < KK, obv.. I feel something is wrong with my play. Its so automated that I wish I could play atleast 8 ZOOM tables at once :s_biggrin: )

I am still wondering though what sample I need to feel like winning player on NL2? Its all new experience to me :f_p:
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      My story gets interesting. Story of typical loser :) But I knew something was wrong, right? :)

In few days I got distracted and disrupted and also on tilt. Coz the cards and spots on pokerstars were just falling down the toilet (aka variance). I started playing bad and after losing good $ 10 bucks I've withdrawn..

At that very moment I was done with online poker..

But!

I still had couple of podcasts in my Blackberry, rite?

So I came back kicking and busted another $ 10..

After listening to some podcasts on TPE I am back again. This time I have new BR management rule and I approach cash game as a tournament from now on.

My daily buy in is $ 1.. That way my money are well protected and when its not my day.. Well. I will quit pretty early, rite? :s_evil: From now on I will post my cash outs and full balance :)
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      after about 2 hours of play and constant banging of chips, I've cashed out $ 2 :D
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      being on cash out prize $ 5 and always struck by some bawlshyt.. Built my way up there about twice.

My problem is definitely EXTRACTING VALUE FROM RIVER. When I get there I suddenly stop :( trying to induce bluff and they ofc check almost 90% of time. Bloody fishes :s_biggrin:

GET INTO HABIT PUTTING THEM CALLINGSTATIONS ON RANGES!

todays cashout $ 2.04.. Might have been $ 5 if I quit at the right time :)
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      I've worked my way up to $4 somehow with today's buy in. Towards end of the session my wife was constantly disturbing me so the end was inevitable.. I couldn't stop her disturbing me and I didn't want to end up my session bc then I won't allow myself to start another later on :s_evil: Which both I should reevaluate.

Anyway here is the hand.

hero QQ

someone opens, I flat

flop QJ3 double hearts

someone cbets, I flat

turn small meaningless card

someone continue, I flat

river 5 of hearts

someone bets value again, I raise to $1 with intention to fold after reraise, he reraises all in and I call just to see the bad news. I can't explain how can I make this mistake but I must've talked myself into it in few seconds time :s_confused:

I know this mistake is mine but somehow I feel my wife has also lion share of occupying my mind at that time :f_eek:
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      .. shipping whatever and playing volumes as it comes.. Ranging from 1 ZOOM to 4, playing some cash freerolls on the side.. Gambling here and there, changing BI..

Atm my roll is on $ 40.25 ($ 3 comes from freeroll)

got some nice bad beat stories but got so many that its hard to give a sheet. I wish I had some free Holdem Manager or something. It would be great to review all my all ins vs "maniacs" and tag them along. Some of them 3 bets with A2o and can't get away from their hands, some amazing players are commiting their stacks with something as funny as 82s. NL2 forever.

The only thing I don't get why supernova sits on NL2. Gotta ask somewhere in forum or try myself
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      I had two visits in NL10 already, both victorious. Even though I made horrible mistake in last and lost about $8 :) I go there from buck or two with one buy-in shots..

I've shipped my first dollar on Carbons promotion with A :spade: 9 :diamond: vs K4 in mighty HU.

I was expecting step 3 to be much easier as I was really crushing some lvl 2s and ofc lvl 1s.. My next plan is obviously to crush some 11c SNGs and build for 200 BIs :f_cool:

Otherwise am busto here and there in various tournaments.. Especially one was pretty curious. I would have easily cashed atleast $ 0.26 on Titan's freeroll wasn't it for hand with A :spade: A :diamond: , where I got disconnected just for half an orbit :f_eek: 3 players shipped and ofc my hand would have win and give me stack that would be difficult to spew :s_evil:

So I've contacted their support and through first resistance atleast managed to get them to investigate it.

Thing is I was playing ZOOM at the same time and had Carbon open as well. Both working perfectly fine. It's hard to believe its just a glitch or disc problem on my side.

So far I have least trust in playtech's software. I've had some issues with them in the past as well as some rules that makes the whole experience much worse. Like winning sitouts etc..

But anyway. Not complaining. Powker is fun! :D

I HAVE TO TRY AND LEARN THAT CALLING IS USELESS WHEN AM DRAWING DEAD!!
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      dead on stars :) $ 2 down. Cashed some in freerolls but very small.

6/2025 in HORSE on Carbon. That made me pretty loose cannon for rest of the day. 6 entry lvl 1 tickets and plenty of bad beats!

A :spade: A :heart: << KJo one of them :)
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      today's ride was soooo typical :D

up nd down, up nd down. I've added some 4-5bets to my ranges and it worked all fine.. Mostly stacking ppl preflop and commiting all their chips.

JJ vs K6 was one of the key hands to get me on NL10. I lucked J on the river.
      I pushed rest of my stack on Kxx board

Then I was racing with obvious AA hand maybe 6 bets, so I flat. I had QQ. I call and the flop bang with Q on it. I just shove knowing he can't fold investing so much in the hand.

I was thinking to quit on NL10 after a while rounding my BR a bit but ofc went baller and spewed it in AQs vs KK which was only fair as I lucked out some b4.

Overall with profit can try some more :f_biggrin:

fish me luck! :s_biggrin:

I STILL HAVE TO TRY HARD AND CONTROL MY AGGRESSION EVEN THOUGH SOME OF IT HELPS ME TO AVOID PRETTY HARD SPOTS
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      I can't type in english anymore..

When I read all this stuff after myself it sounds like a monkey being sandwiched by two grizzly's.

Sorry to all accidental readers. I will perhaps switch to CZ forum and try my own language :D
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      so far I've busted most of my winnnings as I went beyond NL 2 so I've been thinking how to set some rule :s_evil:

Once I make it to NL 5 I will set timer to 15 minutes and what happens happens. If I bust I bust. If I double we put timer on NL 10 and so on :D

My 3 betting & 4 betting is strong though and really can exploit some fish. They 3 bet you with hands like QTo and if you commit their chips, they are not able to throw their monster away and pay you off in full :)

good luck at the tables :f_cool:
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      KK vs QT preflop for $7.. Stars must be joking.. This can't be just variance. This is total bs and its happening so often that its sick just to look at it..

Why do we have to pay fish over and over again?

?(

its either stars bots or they like to keep those always going to broke type of players in the game.. Live they would be long time gone and cleaned. I know it coz I've done it over and over again to such "players". I don't say they can't get lucky but ffs they can't get always this lucky, right?

online poker is scam. Esp. after I've read this bs that is going on Everest. Online poker rooms want to reward bad players and it is in their best interest. Stars keeps my roll around $ 40 all the time and it doesn't matter whether I play tourneys or cash. It always falls down to same amount. Fck them!

Knowing they own FTP now that was also full of bad beats. I don't know really. I will perhaps focus only on Merge and hopefully that will come to PS soon :)
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      [COLOR=red]EVERY SINGLE HAND is BRAND NEW[/COLOR] :s_biggrin:
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      this is it. I don't believe pokerstars is genuine at all. Showdowns I've had and long time experience with them. Its rip off. Complete rip off. I admire all of you that manage to be "winning" players there but I am outta there!
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      I went through couple of changes and its no more about ZOOM :)

I started grinding free SNGs on Carbon and building slowly my BR. I was up to $9 with no deposit.

Grinding some cash tables where I doubled up twice 1.6 -> 6.

Tried my shot to get $11 tickets but burned two bucks. My aim is to build BR to be able to play Sunday $ 11

Tried with my first two bucks to crush their fast SNGs 0.6 & 0.11 super turbos with 300 chips. But those are such a high variance that I simply gave up.

Now am playing DONs and still grinding them freerolls. Averaging about 5-8/10 of 2nd lvls tickets a day and about $1 to $2 bucks from that promotion a day.

I got quite nice skill for top 3 finishes in those STTs but absolutely horrible skills for HUs :f_mad:

Rest of the time will be grinding DONs with simple $1/loss a day until I build big enough BR for $2 events :)
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      not much luck lately on both sites. I was bit laggy, bit fishy and my TAG style sucked as well. First of. I BUSTED my BR for this month on Full Tilt. Pretty easy if you ask me. Then started to grind lots of freerolls and stuff. Sometimes cashed & burned. I had pretty deep runs but sick bad beats too.

On Carbon like everyone gets nuts when I decide to play so it was bit disheartening and sometimes I don't have enough time to grind down even SNGs. So I simply sitouted some of step 3s which is pretty sick to leave value on the table and leave.. Played some cash games and they're the softest in the world. U can just wait for good PP and stack off.

Later on with Full Tilt & Carbon "Bad Beats" I've turned rampage and literally blew that Bankroll of mine which is only a $1/day so not a big deal. Dumbest thing u can do is just to award others with any 2.

Last night things turned a little bit my way. I've won, apart from couple bucks from freerolls that I spew back again, ring game ticket worth $10 bucks. Bless you Full Tilt! . I was about to quit FTP for good and try my luck back on stars, where atleast I can play lower stakes and bust slower. However. I still have $ 6.37 of ticket worth + $ 25 I've "lucked" to get from it.

One reason of my uprise is that I've discarded lots of hands off my range from BSS like 98s etc. and added hands that do well in HU. Like K4s. Then I simply run the tables over defending my blinds (which is also my new move), attacking from any position, being more carefull from EPs and of fking course worked a bit on my OOP play that was the biggest reason for my losses. That is one of the main mistakes TAGs do anyway. U can't cbet "everything" or even "everything with good flop texture" coz u simply get fk floated and on turn u r usually toast with no read on ur opponent..

Now when am writing it down I perhaps changed a lot and from fish TAG and fish LAG moved more towards :s_cool: LAG other than complete :f_biggrin: LAG or TAG :)

Good luck at the tables.