This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 Zoom - Flop Without Initiative Top Pair w/ good kicker

• Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $0.68
      SB: $2.65
      Hero (BB): $2.20
      UTG: $1.93
      MP: $4.44
      CO: $1.00 Only 12 hands but VP 33 / PF 17 / AS 50 / CB 0 (out of 1 times)

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has K:club: Q:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.06, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.13, 2 players) 7:spade: 5:heart: K:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.29, 2 players) 8:spade:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.18, Hero calls ?

PF : I haven't really delved into blind as of yet defence yet but I just think folding KQ in the BB is really weak.

F: I call as I think villain might bet 88-QQ here in order to try to take the pot down so I'm ahead of his range. Maybe a raise to take it down here would be best, but am I overplaying my hand?

T: If call, what would be your plan for the river.

I really need to brush on flop skills when I don't have initiative but focusing on pre-flop play this weak but this hand keeps popping up so I best nip it in the bud.

Thanks for great work guys!
  • 1 reply
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey Raknyo,

I m not a Zoom expert but still I think a X/R is against his wider range and stack seems to me like a decent option. But watch out to make the raise that large so you can shove most turns.

As played:
      Well, a call with this odds and TPGK seems to me like a must. But it is diffuclt to say how to approach river. In poker it is very often ''it depends''. But I guess if a no brainer comes I would donk myself for like 0,2$ and then fold to a shove. I think we still have that much room.

Best regards,