[NL2-NL10] [mss sh] cbet?

• ricbode
      ricbode
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Is there a better way to play this hand instead of cbetting and check/folding the turn? The opponent plays 38/13 in only 8 hands so far.

thx!

Stacks:
      UTG ($13.32) 133bb
      UTG+1 ($10.15) 102bb
      CO ($8.74) 87bb
      BTN ($9.70) 97bb
      Hero (SB) ($6.31) 63bb
      BB ($12.32) 123bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is SB A:club: K:diamond:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.35, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.05, 1 fold, CO calls $0.70

Flop: 6:spade: 4:spade: 7:diamond: ($2.20, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.38, CO calls $1.38

Turn: Q:spade: ($4.96, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4.74, Hero folds

Final Pot: $4.96

CO wins $9.48 (net +$2.31)

Hero collects $0.00 (net -$2.43)
  • 4 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      not cbetting. :f_biggrin:
    • ctstc
      ctstc
      Bronze
      Against unknown c/f this board should be the best way. In a 3bet spot, the Ranges are stronger, and he will have high pocket pairs really often, so he won't fold here.
    • ricbode
      ricbode
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ctstc
      Against unknown c/f this board should be the best way. In a 3bet spot, the Ranges are stronger, and he will have high pocket pairs really often, so he won't fold here.
      Ok. And do you think he can have broadways on his range as well on this 3bet pot? [like AT-AJ (AQ), KT-KQ, QT-QJ, JT].

If so could I assume he would fold the broadways to a cbet and call or raise with 33-99 (TT, JJ) and flushdraws?

Another question: what if I have the A :spade: and decide to cbet the flop, should I push the turn with flushdraw+overcards?

thx! =]
    • ctstc
      ctstc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ricbode
      Originally posted by ctstc
      Ok. And do you think he can have broadways on his range as well on this 3bet pot? [like AT-AJ (AQ), KT-KQ, QT-QJ, JT].

If so could I assume he would fold the broadways to a cbet and call or raise with 33-99 (TT, JJ) and flushdraws?

Another question: what if I have the A :spade: and decide to cbet the flop, should I push the turn with flushdraw+overcards?

thx! =]
      Unknown CAN have everything :D
      Normally he won't fold hands often at the Flop, if he called to a 3bet, but that depends to the Opponent.
      You can't say that for default in my opinion.

And if you have the A :spade: you can push the Turn, its a scarecard and you have lots of Outs, that should be an +EV push.