[NL2-NL10] 97s BBvsBTN

• suitedaces1701
      Villain is recreational 32/16/2.4 player (VPIP/PFR/AGR)

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1932451
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $4.05
      Hero (BB): $10.24
      UTG: $9.97
      MP: $10.00
      CO: $10.15
      BTN: $14.53

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with 7 :heart: 9 :heart:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 9 :club: 7 :spade: K :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BTN calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.45) 2 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BTN raises to $2.69, Hero raises to $9.54 all in, BTN calls $6.85

River: ($20.53) T :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $20.53
      Hero shows 7 :heart: 9 :heart: (two pair, Nines and Sevens)
      BTN shows 8 :spade: T :spade: (a flush, King high)
      BTN wins $19.61
      (Rake: $0.92)

I called pre because I was going for a check-raise type play and 97s also plays good post flop.
      On flop, I didn't want to check raise because he will be folding all of his air so I decided to donk to show that I'm weakish. I didn't want to check/call because I feel like I'll get into a lot of trouble and I won't know where I'm at.
      I raised the turn because I think he could be calling off with a descent amount of Ks/AA. I figured that he had a flush sometimes but I didn't think enough so I raised.

Any thoughts? :)
  • 1 reply
    • Tomaloc

about the preflop hand plan... it can be fine, but you imply that you were going to c/r some "good" flops. do you think that he has a fold button?
      of course every fish is different but in general you just shouldn't try to bluff a fish unless you know better.

on the flop i'd still go for a c/r both vs a reg and a fish.
      a reg can put us on a wide range including a lot of draws, and a fish won't be folding any (top) pair.

donkbet all streets is fine too, but as it happened i'm folding the turn to his raise.
      you say he can have Kx/AA, but wouldn't he rather raise the flop with them, and if he's not raising the flop then why would he raise when the flush completes?
      and even if we assume that he can raise turn with worse than a flush, then he also has all sets and better twopairs -> his range crushes us. just fold.