[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Fr Zoom AJo from CO

• Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Villian is 100/100/100 with an inf AF over 9 hands. With the deep stack and the stats I'm assuming hes a rec player having some fun.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Known players:
      BU:
      $26.31
      SB:
      $92.07
      BB:
      $48.73
      UTG1:
      $30.34
      UTG2:
      $53.32
      MP1:
      $26.49
      MP2:
      $58.26
      MP3:
      $48.10
      CO (Hero):
      $41.55

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, A.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.50, MP1 calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.00, 3 folds, UTG2 calls $1.50, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($4.85) 5, J, 8 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $2.50, Hero raises to $6.50, UTG2 raises to $10.50, Hero calls $4.00.

Turn: ($25.85) 2 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $40.82, Hero calls $29.05.

River: ($95.72) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $95.72.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of jacks(Jd As).

UTG2 shows a pair of jacks(Jc Kh).

Hero wins with a pair of jacks(Jd As).

UTG2 wins with a pair of jacks(Jc Kh).
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Verre,

Without any specific reads I am not a huge fan of going broke on the flop vs his line, he really has to be overplaying weaker Jx to ever make it profitable. Without expecting that you wont really see a lot worse hands which goes broke there.

Though as played seems to be fine as long you assumed to be against worse hands.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      With the current reads does it not make sense to raise the flop a bit bigger and just get it in? If he is indeed rather recreational he may be going broke here with any TP, draw if not even worse.
      At least sense-wise I don't get the call after the 3bet. We either go broke or fold. What does calling accomplish here?
      Although being this deep and not having any clearer indications that villain is indeed terrible my thought process might be off.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      With the current reads does it not make sense to raise the flop a bit bigger and just get it in? If he is indeed rather recreational he may be going broke here with any TP, draw if not even worse.
      At least sense-wise I don't get the call after the 3bet. We either go broke or fold. What does calling accomplish here?
      Although being this deep and not having any clearer indications that villain is indeed terrible my thought process might be off.
      Doubt that we have any reads for 9 hands. :P But agree about the 3bet-call, not really good idea to do that whilst we are going broke anyways, so protect our hand.

If hero assumed that the guy is bluffing then flatting the 3bet should be considered as doable.
      Bronze
      If hero assumed that the guy is bluffing then flatting the 3bet should be considered as doable.

Even if he bluff 3Bets, he probably still often has outs against us + when we call his 3Bet being so deep and having 3Bet him COvsUTG2 we likely look pretty strong. Not that going broke looks weak, it too is most likely perceived as strong by him, but he has to be very aggressive and maniacal even to still continue bluffing after we flat there. It would make more sense to just go broke and protect vs his equity + get value vs his weaker go-broke range because I don't think he is folding anything that he 3Bet for value here that often (still possible though if he plays illogically postflop, i.e., is a randomly clicking buttons/is a donkey). So if we assume to be ahead I think that just pushing is the way to go.

Although I do agree that 9 hands is no sample size even if he has raised every single hand up until now. It still is only an indicator of his preflop play + we are deep and it is COvsUTG2. Way too little information to comfortably play for stacks with a relatively mediocre TP hand.

As played, I think we can just call his flop donk and keep his range wide. We could raise, assuming that he most likely reraises us with a strong range and just calls with his draws and weaker pairs, however, it is a 3Bet pot COvsUTG2 and we can't expect him to have all that many weaker hands that can donkbet/call. So I guess that with this little information on him flatting the flop donkbet is the way to go.

Does what I say make sense to you?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91

Even if he bluff 3Bets, he probably still often has outs against us + when we call his 3Bet being so deep and having 3Bet him COvsUTG2 we likely look pretty strong. Not that going broke looks weak, it too is most likely perceived as strong by him, but he has to be very aggressive and maniacal even to still continue bluffing after we flat there. It would make more sense to just go broke and protect vs his equity + get value vs his weaker go-broke range because I don't think he is folding anything that he 3Bet for value here that often (still possible though if he plays illogically postflop, i.e., is a randomly clicking buttons/is a donkey). So if we assume to be ahead I think that just pushing is the way to go.

Although I do agree that 9 hands is no sample size even if he has raised every single hand up until now. It still is only an indicator of his preflop play + we are deep and it is COvsUTG2. Way too little information to comfortably play for stacks with a relatively mediocre TP hand.

As played, I think we can just call his flop donk and keep his range wide. We could raise, assuming that he most likely reraises us with a strong range and just calls with his draws and weaker pairs, however, it is a 3Bet pot COvsUTG2 and we can't expect him to have all that many weaker hands that can donkbet/call. So I guess that with this little information on him flatting the flop donkbet is the way to go.

Does what I say make sense to you?
      Yes, as described above. :)