question

• Lou199100013
      Lou199100013
      Bronze
      Hello I was wanting to ask something. I was reading one of the strategy that say you have T9o and everyone folds, and you ofc raise, what happens if either one of the SB or BB re raises you, but you know he has done it a lot and that he's showed a few bluff's some hands back. Should you re raise him intending him to fold, or call because I heard calling a re raise suggests that you have a better hand than your opp. Is that True??

Cheers Lewis.

PS. I've been having a " Good " disscusion with my flatmate about this. And he always says fold.
  • 2 replies
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      I think T9o is fold, I just don't think it would be worth a 4bet bluff. If he 5bet shoves you have to fold for sure and if he calls your going to have to hit the flop hard imo

that wouldn't stop me trying the 4bet bluff against him now and again though!lol he might fold!
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey Lou,

I take it you're taking this from the starting hands chart that we have here? If so, this is aimed primary at the beginner players just starting to get to grips with the game, which action you take after this is completely up to you and your reads.

If you feel your reads are strong enough and that you can outplay him, then by all means call, you also have position which with skill = $$$ (See Pleno's AMA in my sig!) so calling would not be so horrific after all. If you think that a 4B would more than likely get through and take down the pot then that, each hand is completely different and there is no definite correct answer as everyone will take a different line, and there is more than one right or wrong one.

If it where me and he has been 3Betting quite wide then I would consider calling myself and outplaying him later on, but thats just me, I'm no pro after all ^^

If you'd like I can move you thread to the NL Discussions board? You could also create a mock hand with some rough stats of the type of player your describing to see what one of our Hand Judges says :)

Best of luck on the tables!