[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - KQ is very interesting hand.

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Firstly some stats:

Openraiser looks semi fishy with 29/20 stats over 40 hands. He showed that he can make fold though by folding to a previous 3bet of me.

BB is passive.

So I think this flop is good for me to bluffraise. On the turn I thought I could valuebet vs some hands but I'm not sure... Should I check/call here?

Also I'm not sure about my riverbet. I'm actually only betting vs floated AK and obv hands like K9 and Q9 BUT he can perfectly have TJ.

I made a crying fold but pretty sure it was the good one. He will never ever bluff here

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1933199
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $25.00
      UTG: $28.03
      MP: $31.51
      CO: $25.06
      BTN: $25.00
      Hero (SB): $37.43

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with Q :diamond: K :diamond:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.65, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.75) 3 :heart: 9 :club: 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1, Hero raises to $3.50, CO calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.75) K :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, CO calls $5

River: ($18.75) Q :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $8.75, CO raises to $15.81 all in, Hero folds
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Why not just ship yourself the river whilst you put him on such a range which is also K9/Q9 or whatsoever maybe even looser range as floated AK. You would be missing some value in long run if you do that. Of course his calling range is small there but whatever calls your $8 bet most likely also is capable of calling the shove.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Farmarchist,

Why not just ship yourself the river whilst you put him on such a range which is also K9/Q9 or whatsoever maybe even looser range as floated AK. You would be missing some value in long run if you do that. Of course his calling range is small there but whatever calls your $8 bet most likely also is capable of calling the shove.

Best Regards.
      1) I was not sure he could have K9... And actually he would fold Q9 on the turn. I thought it was more likely he had TJ or a set (when I posted the hand). So my question is wheter it is better to check/fold the river?

My betsize was actually made to get a call from AK.

And is the turnbet also good? I'm not sure JJ or something will call me :( . So can we check/fold it there?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Farmarchist,

Best Regards.
      1) I was not sure he could have K9... And actually he would fold Q9 on the turn. I thought it was more likely he had TJ or a set (when I posted the hand). So my question is wheter it is better to check/fold the river?

My betsize was actually made to get a call from AK.

And is the turnbet also good? I'm not sure JJ or something will call me :( . So can we check/fold it there?
      Turn Bet should be still done to protect your hand. Though otherwise the river it's true that whilst even a draw completes another possibility would be to Check/Fold it whilst not many weaker hands Bet the river anyways.