[NL2-NL10] would a cb bet in this spot ok?

• Maneertl
      Maneertl
      Basic
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.05)
      Hero ($3.11)
      UTG ($5)
      UTG+1 ($2.03)
      UTG+2 ($2.46)
      MP1 ($0.96)
      CO ($2.26)
      BTN ($2.31)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:spade:

fold, fold, fold, MP1 raises to $0.06, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, MP1 calls $0.09

FLOP ($0.31) 3:club: A:club: K:diamond:

Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.10, Hero folds

MP1 wins $0.30
  • 2 replies
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      You should re-raise pre-flop bigger for value, to $0.18, simply for value. Even if he doesn't get the odds to call for sets, you can get it all-in by the turn easier that way.

There are two ways to play this kind of hand imo:

1) You check/call once or twice, suspecting him to bet his entire range if you check.

This option is not really good here, as there are many draws and two OCs out. Dry boards like K72 are perfect for that approach.

2) You bet/fold once, suspecting him to fold often.

We have close to no equity left in this hand, so I simply bet to avoid folding the better hand. He will often have lower PPs or some kind of random garbage that he can't play further than this. If you check, he will usually push you out of the pot with all of that stuff.

I would thus cbet once and only then give up.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Maneertl,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

3bet it bigger preflop for value than min-raise it. Though otherwise seems to be fine, we can't CB for value nor I don't expect him to have a lot worse hands there, very often hits such a board.

Best Regards.