[NL2-NL10] is the fold ok ? i give him a 3-bet range of tt+ ,aq+ at this spot and tan its a clear fold or ?

• Maneertl
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.89)
      BB ($0.90)
      UTG ($3.10)
      UTG+1 ($2.04)
      UTG+2 ($2.74)
      Hero ($1.97)
      BTN ($2.89)

Dealt to Hero T:spade: T:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.06, BTN calls $0.06, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.15) 6:club: A:spade: A:diamond:

Hero bets $0.10, BTN raises to $0.28, Hero folds

BTN wins $0.34
  • 2 replies
    • awishformore
      I don't think these spots are so much about ranges as they are about : does he bluff here and how far is he willing to take his bluff?

In this case, you are out of position and it's a CO vs BU spot. People often call AQ/AQ/AT in those spots, possibly AXs. He might also be on 66 as part of his value range.

Now, with hands like 22-55 and 77-KK, he would turn his hand into a bluff by raising. Most of the upper part of that range he will call, and he will also call some air maybe to float you. That is definitely the safer option and he would do that more often than raising.

That leaves us with the question of how likely it is for him to raise small PPs and air. Against unknown, I would always just fold here.

• veriz
      Hello Maneertl,

Open 4bb but otherwise not much you could have done vs his raise there, I'd also plan to Bet/Fold it whilst you will very often face an Ace there unless he is bluff-happy.

Best Regards.