[NL2-NL10] NL4,HU,on turn i hit set oop ,bet potsize??

• wangwei520
      IPoker Network $4.00 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 1933813
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN/SB: $0.96 - VPIP: 36, PFR: 17, 3B: 10, AF: 3.7, Hands: 99
      Hero (BB): $4.04 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 9, AF: 2.6, Hands: 492

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is BB with 7:diamond: 7:spade:
      BTN/SB raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.24) 5:club: K:club: 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN/SB checks

Turn: ($0.24) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, BTN/SB folds

on flop i check oop with small pairs

on turn:i hit set ,so i bet for value ,i hope villain's worse hands call my bet ,such as flush draw+straight draw,22,33,44,5x

and i want to know is my betsize too big?half potsize is better?

i think potsize shows my hand is too strong and villain cant call my bet with many hands
  • 3 replies
    • Raknyo
      PF: Standard call against this villain.

F: Not sure what opponent's c-bet stats are, but if he doesn't c-bet every time then you could donk these flops as you could get better hands to fold but only if your opponent doesn't react to these donk bets often with a raise. If he doesn't react often with a raise but does raise this time then you know your done and can easy fold.

T: You've bet far too big, it looks like you've hit the flush to him so you have overplayed your hand. Villain is aggressive enough to bet FD on flop so I'd say he'd have to fold 100% of his range since your giving him terrible outs to draw on you.

If he has a FD or maybe any draw now then he will most likely bet it so you could opt for the check/raise to get maximum value from his range.

If he checks behind then let him bet any club on the river as he will most likely be bluffing.

If you opt for the donk turn, I'd say even as little as 0.14 would be enough.
    • awishformore
      Personally, I haven't implemented almost any donk-bets into my game and I wouldn't recommend doing it, either, on these limits. They are very easy to get a read on and exploit. Flop is thus fine for me.

On the turn, I would just bet $0.20 instead, this just looks a little bit too strong and like you want value for a monster.

If he calls the turn, it's close on the river between bet/fold and check/call. Bet/fold has the advantage that he will call you with PPs lower than K, Kx and maybe some 8x. Check/calling has the advantage that you might get value from stubborn air or 1-card flush draws who try to bluff you out after a weak line from your side. That's opponent-specific.
    • veriz
      Hello wangwei520,

I'd also be picking rather smaller Bet on the turn than pot size, it may scare away even FDs there.

Best Regards.