This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4,HU,88,3bet on preflop and cbet pot size

• wangwei520
      wangwei520
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $4.00 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 1933831
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $6.12 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 9, AF: 2.6, Hands: 492
      BTN/SB: $3.92 - VPIP: 51, PFR: 33, 3B: 16, AF: 0.9, Hands: 88

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is BB with 8:diamond: 8:heart:
      BTN/SB raises to $0.16, Hero raises to $0.52, BTN/SB calls $0.36

Flop: ($1.04) A:diamond: 4:club: 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.04, BTN/SB folds

villain's stats :fold to 3bet:0(2 times),fold to flop cbet on 3bet pot:0(2 times)

his stats shows fold to 3bet is very low ,and usually fold on flop on 3bet pot

on preflop:vs villain what is my 3bet range ?i think 88 is the bottom of my 3bet range.

flop:pot is very big ,and flop is a high card :A,so i want to make use of scared card A to gain the pot.because my image is good ,and i seldom 3bet on preflop ,so card A is in my 3bet range
  • 3 replies
    • Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      PF: 88 has some against his open range so I'd opt for a call as your usually isolating yourself against a better range, I'd be more inclined to bet 22-77, AXs, or suited connectors (as semi-bluffs) but depends on opponents fold to 3-bet so I guess this is ok. Also throw in some value hands but TT, AQ+.

F: You don't need to be so big, if opponent has an ace he is calling, if he doesn't then he is folding. A little over half pot would have the same effect I think and saves you roughly half the bet (when compared to full pot bet) when he does in fact have the ace.
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      What he said. It's better to 3-bet lower PPs that are harder to play post-flop. 88 can go either way, though. You should usually try to polarize your raising range to strong hands and weak hands, then throw in the calls in the middle.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wangwei520,

Preflop: Rather just Call it instead of 3betting it for value. Of course it's possible but then I again would want to know that he calls very loose against you.

As played
      Postflop: Don't see any reason to pot it here, you gain same fold equity with betting it smaller as well, even 60 cents is enough.

Best Regards.