BTN: $1.12
      SB: $2.21
      BB: $5.34
      UTG: $2.58
      MP: $1.54
      Hero (CO): $2.91

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has 7:heart: 8:club:

fold, MP calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, fold, BB calls $0.08, fold

Flop: ($0.23, 2 players) 3:spade: 6:spade: 8:heart:
      BB bets $0.18, [color=red]Hero ?

I hate folding top pair, to me donks indicate weakness but should I call to keep in worse hands, bet to get better hands and draws to fold or just find that fold button everyone seems to be talking about?
  • 2 replies
    • awishformore
      I prefer a cautious approach to this kind of spot.

Raising of course protects against draws, but at the same time, they will always fold and you isolate yourself against his "real" hands like 33/66/88, maybe A8/68 sometimes.

Calling is also rather ugly, as you will have to navigate through a difficult spot if the pressure keeps up. It's still the option I prefer to folding most of the time, though. I like to call them little ahead / way behind spots.

Whether to call or even raise the various streets depends on many factors, like bet sizing, board, opponent. In general, however, you should fold to a big river bet, whether a draw hits or not.
    • veriz
      Hello Raknyo,

awishformore pointed out pretty good how to play it, whilst often times people also put themselves into trouble with raising and may overplay their hand afterwards. Also rather making a lot weaker hands to fold.

Best Regards.