$1.95
      UTG2:
      $1.66
      MP1:
      $2.45
      MP2:
      $2.59

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
      4 folds, CO raises to $0.08, BU folds, Hero calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.18) K, 2, Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.34) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($0.34) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.33, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.34.

Hello, villains stats are 7/7/8.0/50 (VPIP/PFR/AF/WTSD) after 90 hands so pretty tight. As he's pretty tight I wasn't sure whether to 3bet here, I guess calling is a bit passive but I kinda played them for set value and if the flop was dry and low could check/raise flop. However with the K and Q on the board decided not to raise but call the villains small bet. I'm a bit suspicious of his play on the turn, maybe slowplay? I'm thinking check/call on the river but then villain bets potsize so I can't really call.

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      You can definitely opt for a 3-bet here, but it's questionable whether he would stay in the hand with much worse than you, so I also sometimes prefer the flat-calling to play it post-flop.

On this board, I would just fold. His weak bet doesn't mean much on such a dry board. On the river, I would expect to see 22/99/KK/KQ/QQ/33/JT if I call.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      he seems way too nitty so i don't like 3betting pre. low sample but we have to use what is available :f_biggrin:

on this flop just fold. you are out of position and his range is heavily weighted towards hands that beat you.

as played it's interesting. his play doesn't make a lot of sense, but it feels more like a bad slowplay than total air.
      he is playing tight so he shouldn't have too many missed hands there, also he may be checking behind A high enough of the time. fold.