[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR AQo

• seanspurs87
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with Q, A.
      Hero raises to $0.08, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.08, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.19) T, J, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.14, Hero calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.47) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($0.47) 3 (2 players)

Hello, villains stats are 11/7/4.0/43 (VPIP/PFR/AF/WTSD) after 76 hands. Maybe a raise UTG with AQo is a lil' bit loose but the table was pretty tight in general. As the flop was draw heavy I took a passive line. I guess my call is probably not the best but with overcards and gutshot I thought I'd see what villain does on the turn. With the Qs on the turn I guess this is a way ahead/way behind sitaution (or not? lol) so I'm check/calling depending on size of bet or is it best to donk to get a free showdown? On the river is it best to keep passive line?

• 1 reply
    • Tomaloc
      cbet yourself! there's no way you can c/c such a bet profitably as your overcards may not even be clean outs.

then exactly this happens, you hit something and have no idea where you are. :f_biggrin:
      the problem on the turn is that he could easily have better hands, like all sets/JT/QJ/98, but if you are going to c/f this card then why did you c/c the flop?
      it's not way ahead/way behind because the board is very wet and a lot of cards can change your relative hand strength in relation to villain's range.

as it happened we're most likely in a pretty good situation though, his turn check probably isn't too strong.
      he can have something like AJ, KJ against which you want to bet, or he can have a missed flushdraw or complete air against which you want to c/c.
      i think whatever you pick should be fine, but i feel that a bet is slightly better.