• 11 replies
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      do you have a tracking software?
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      You need either Holdem manager or Pokertracker then you check out the stats and biggest hands played. Without tracking software its almost impossible to do session reviews.
    • eaSy117
      eaSy117
      Bronze
      I use HM2 but I want to learn how to know if I'm playing well or not, if I'm playing my hands well and so.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      One of the coaches, Bogdan, has done some videos that might help you:

vids
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by holmeboy

vids
      Nice one holmeboy thanks for the assist :)

Don't forget to use the hand evaluation forums eaSy117
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      I use Leakbuster for this. It will look at your stats in your database obviously, but also find hands you are missing value on, or not playing optimally.

I use it when i do review, but the problem is getting myself to review consistently ;) I"m so busy lately i barely have time to play. But i am trying to learn some better study habits, and have found some good posts on here.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Solid advice in here already!

But I'm not sure if Leakbuster is really useful. If I remember correct you need a huge database for leakbuster and even then it's not very accurate for the micro's. I don't know what limits you play though, if you're a highroller then it might be usefull.

best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by holmeboy

vids
      +1
    • Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      Those videos look awesome, I'm going to make sure I watch them soon.

Also, take a look in Strategy: Others section (click here)

for articles on how to conduct a session review as well as the different methods for game analysis.

Recently, instead of analysing a few hands, I have instead been reviewing a lot of them and making lists of my mistakes as well as solutions and the relevant reasons why these solutions are correct. This takes around the same time for me but the wealth of information gained through the latter method far exceeds that of the first.

Happy reviewing!
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      Originally posted by RasTweet

But I'm not sure if Leakbuster is really useful. If I remember correct you need a huge database for leakbuster and even then it's not very accurate for the micro's. I don't know what limits you play though, if you're a highroller then it might be usefull.

RasTweet
      Well i think the larger your sample , the more accurate the info will be. they have a little accuracy guage that shows a % based on your database size. But i'm confused why it wouldn't be as accurate for micro stake players? Personally i think if you spend time with it, almost anyone would get benefit from it.

But i diid see a post recently that said in the next update, they are making some changes, and will have even more leakfinding, and stake specific leakfinding which is interesting. so if you are a micro player, then it would prioritize certain leaks over others.

Anyway, as far as reviewing. i was just saying that Leakbuster has a ton of preset filters, that can bring up scenarios with one click. where as hM2 filters are a bit more tricky to navigate. you can bring up all the hands from your session, where it shows you may have missed a value bet, or check called 3 streets, called 3 bet with non premium hands, etc. i've just kind of started using them myself. but they are pretty nice.

But I'm interested in checking out the thread for different reveiw methods. I'm trying to get better in that area.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ProfitsofDoom
      Originally posted by RasTweet

RasTweet
      Well i think the larger your sample , the more accurate the info will be. they have a little accuracy guage that shows a % based on your database size. But i'm confused why it wouldn't be as accurate for micro stake players? Personally i think if you spend time with it, almost anyone would get benefit from it.

But i diid see a post recently that said in the next update, they are making some changes, and will have even more leakfinding, and stake specific leakfinding which is interesting. so if you are a micro player, then it would prioritize certain leaks over others.

Anyway, as far as reviewing. i was just saying that Leakbuster has a ton of preset filters, that can bring up scenarios with one click. where as hM2 filters are a bit more tricky to navigate. you can bring up all the hands from your session, where it shows you may have missed a value bet, or check called 3 streets, called 3 bet with non premium hands, etc. i've just kind of started using them myself. but they are pretty nice.

But I'm interested in checking out the thread for different reveiw methods. I'm trying to get better in that area.
      Hi ProfitsofDoom

It's been a while ago since I read that article I must admit. And it was about the HEM1 leakfinder, I don't know if it changed a lot or not.

But I can understand why they say this. This is just one example.
      When Manu review DrDs database in this video he says that DrD doesn't 3bet enough. If you watch the next video however you see that DrD plays on Unibet where ppl don't raise. They just limp/call pre. If they don't raise, you can't 3bet.

I guess you get the point. I'm not saying that leakfinder wont help micro players at all, but I think not all leaks will be correct.

Thanks for your opinion! Much appreciated! :f_love:

RasTweet