This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH KJ 3bet?

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($26.57)
      BB ($4.80)
      UTG ($36.34)
      CO ($11.70)
      BTN ($26.72)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: K:diamond:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $2.40, fold, BTN calls $1.80

FLOP ($5) 4:spade: 2:spade: T:diamond:

Hero bets $2.80, BTN calls $2.80

TURN ($10.60) 4:spade: 2:spade: T:diamond: 9:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $2.60, Hero folds

BTN wins $10.07

notes:
      call cbet dry Kxx, fold to cbet T turn
      call cbet A7x, fold to cbet

He opens very wide and calls a lot of 3bets, so with this hand I can get valuer from worse hands I guess. He calls hald of his opens, so if he opens 70%, then he calls with 35% range.

Its like 50/50 looking at equities if he calls, but plus fold equity, so it should be fine. Also he calls flops, but folds on turn, so postflop playability also shopuld be ok.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: Vs such a guy ain't a good idea to 3bet it whilst he doesn't fold to 3bets nor doesn't fold postflop. Might easily isolate vs strong hands. Rather just Call and play postflop.

As played
      Postflop: Check/Fold the flop, it's just waste of money by just CB once and done on the turn.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Rather just Call and play postflop.

The problem is that he cbets a lot flop and turn. Until now at least does not fold to a raise on flop.

So lets say I say I call and what would I do on such flop? c/r or c/f? If I c/f then he can make lot of money from my folds. If I call, he then often bets turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Rather just Call and play postflop.

The problem is that he cbets a lot flop and turn. Until now at least does not fold to a raise on flop.

So lets say I say I call and what would I do on such flop? c/r or c/f? If I c/f then he can make lot of money from my folds. If I call, he then often bets turn.
      Why would you 3bet it then? :) He doesn't fold to CBs either so which means you would be wasting more money postflop in bigger pot.

Well, we Check/Fold such a flop whilst we don't have any piece of it.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Why would you 3bet it then?

I 3bet because of lack of competence what else to do :)

And also because I thought I could get value. In one of the coachings I think you said to 3bet with KJ vs those who fold not much for value. But maybe I did not understand fully something or misheard.