Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($20.10)
      BB ($6.15)
      UTG ($5.36)
      CO ($20.30)
      BTN ($23.11)

Dealt to Hero 5:diamond: K:diamond:

fold, CO raises to $0.60, fold, Hero raises to $2.40, fold, CO calls $1.80

FLOP ($5) 3:heart: 6:spade: 5:heart:

Hero bets $2.70, CO raises to $6.50, Hero folds

CO wins $9.88

notes:
      open UTG 3bb, call 3x 3bet from BB w KQ, call cbet Kxx, cbh 6 when FD posoible, bet blank river 3/4
      open UTG, call small 3bet w T9s, c/c A9xss w 2nd pair w BD FD > 1/2, c/c 2/3 T w 2 pair, c/c 4
      call small sqeeze IP w 87s, bet vs missed cbet QTx 1/2 - pure bluff, check till sd
      call squeeze w 77 when beig bit deep IP, bet vs missed cbet KJxss 2/3, cbh 5, bet 2/3 K - turn weak PP into big BLUFF
      call big 3bet 150 bb deep w QJs, call 1/2 cbet KJx w 2nd pair, call 1/2 8 turn, cbh 9
      9 tabling NL20
      barrels 2 times on QQJ6 with A9, check river vs fish

He does not like to fold to 3bets, but he was a pain. He was stealing much more - sessions stats were showing that he steals from BTN about 70%, and I cannot figure out how to defend. 3bets do not work, and if I call OOP, also he can barrel easily 2 streets as bluffs.

So to defend blinds against him? Or do not defent and just play for value? I think I will loose lot in the blinds, will I cover those losses when I play value hands only vs him?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

You can't 3bet those hands vs a guy who doesn't fold to 3bets nor doesn't even fold postflop. Just fold it and let it go. Though as played not much to do there than Bet/Fold it, even if he doesn't have a hand he will still have decent equity against us as with draw+overs or whatsoever type of holding.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      the question remains - how to defend against him? If never bluff, then widen up 3bet for value range. What could be the bottom of 3bet range? Lets say KQ would be ok? AJ? ATs? He probably calls with hands like 78s. And PPs - lets say 99 would be ok?

Its very narrow range and he would steal ton of blinds.

I could call with wider range but as in another hand the problem is his high cbet frequancies. OK this time he folds half of his cbets to a raise. So I guees this could be good line - call with weak range preflop and c/r him often.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      the question remains - how to defend against him? If never bluff, then widen up 3bet for value range. What could be the bottom of 3bet range? Lets say KQ would be ok? AJ? ATs? He probably calls with hands like 78s. And PPs - lets say 99 would be ok?

Its very narrow range and he would steal ton of blinds.

I could call with wider range but as in another hand the problem is his high cbet frequancies. OK this time he folds half of his cbets to a raise. So I guees this could be good line - call with weak range preflop and c/r him often.
      Correct, those hands what you mentioned can be 3bet for value vs such a player. :) And most likely even played profitable unless you have some bigger postflop leaks.