[NL2-NL10] NL4SH AKs - Vs Rock / TP

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Preflop: First hand villain has raised pre. Still think I can give villain something like:
      77+,A9s+,KTs+,QTs+,ATo+,KJo+

With so few hands against villain I think calling, 3b/fold or 3b/broke is fine here since we don't have any other reads.Just because it was the first hand he had played I decided to flat since he seems pretty nitty (can't be sure he calls or 4b's AQ JJ for instance)

Flop: I think I can either DB/fold F and T or x/c F and re-evaluate T. I am ruling out x/rai here since I assumed he would play b/f w/ TP and this only ISO's myself against 2pr+ and maybe nut FD's.

I chose to x/c since I think this is a good board for villain to c-bet, even with some open draws I don't expect him to x/beh his air/semi bluffs all too often. However, I pretty much resign to x/f'ing the T if it is a bad card like :heart: , Q/J/T maybe even A is bad for me? He can still have some draws here like TJ/QJ as well as FD's TJs+ :heart: and particularly AXs :heart: , so maybe DB/fold F+T is superior here because he can still call all his KX and draws and it doesn't give him the opportunity to x/beh with draws.

Turn: Although I didn't put these in his range preflop, because we don't know too much about villain I don't think we can exlude 55/67 getting there on the T. I am not too worried about diamond draws since they would have had to have come runner runner. This is one of the T's I think I could continue to x/c on. I think Villain will expect me to have draws very often and barrell TP+ and draws. I had decided if I call the T that I am probably going broke on the R given SPR and in case villain can overplay KX. I think this is my first opportunity to exit the hand "as played".

River: He puts me all-in on the river, so he either has a bluff or has me beat and my hand is a bluff catcher. However, I am teh donk and can't lay down TPTK.

Conclusion: I don't mind my play preflop, but on the flop and turn I have turned what could be a value hand into a bluff catcher by the river. I tried to play x/c line for pot control on a wet board OOP vs an opponent who probably isn't bluffing all that often as well.

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $4.87
      UTG: $2.84
      CO: $4.11
      BTN: $4.00 7/7/2/0/50/27 hands
      Hero (SB): $4.00

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has A:club: K:club:

UTG calls $0.04, CO calls $0.04, BTN raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.18, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.52, 2 players) 9:heart: K:heart: 8:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.37, Hero calls $0.37

Turn: ($1.26, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.96, Hero calls $0.96

River: ($3.18, 2 players) 8:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.47 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.47 and is all-in

Hero shows A:club: K:club: (Two Pair, Kings and Eights) (Pre 34%, Flop 0%, Turn 0%)
      BTN shows K:diamond: K:spade: (Full House, Kings full of Eights) (Pre 66%, Flop 100%, Turn 100%)
      BTN wins $7.72
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

If you planning to Call it down then rather just Check/Shove on the turn to protect your hand. Especially if you are against a nit you wont see that many worse hands in his range, not sure if he even bets the river for value with KQ.

Best Regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Thanks Veriz!

One of these days I'll play a hand well.

Re: the preflop line. What do you think would be best against this opp?

and re: flop line. What do you think about DB/fold. I think this would be best if we want value/protection and don't think bluffs often?