This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4SH AKs - Vs Rock / TP

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Preflop: First hand villain has raised pre. Still think I can give villain something like:
      77+,A9s+,KTs+,QTs+,ATo+,KJo+

With so few hands against villain I think calling, 3b/fold or 3b/broke is fine here since we don't have any other reads.Just because it was the first hand he had played I decided to flat since he seems pretty nitty (can't be sure he calls or 4b's AQ JJ for instance)

Flop: I think I can either DB/fold F and T or x/c F and re-evaluate T. I am ruling out x/rai here since I assumed he would play b/f w/ TP and this only ISO's myself against 2pr+ and maybe nut FD's.

I chose to x/c since I think this is a good board for villain to c-bet, even with some open draws I don't expect him to x/beh his air/semi bluffs all too often. However, I pretty much resign to x/f'ing the T if it is a bad card like :heart: , Q/J/T maybe even A is bad for me? He can still have some draws here like TJ/QJ as well as FD's TJs+ :heart: and particularly AXs :heart: , so maybe DB/fold F+T is superior here because he can still call all his KX and draws and it doesn't give him the opportunity to x/beh with draws.

Turn: Although I didn't put these in his range preflop, because we don't know too much about villain I don't think we can exlude 55/67 getting there on the T. I am not too worried about diamond draws since they would have had to have come runner runner. This is one of the T's I think I could continue to x/c on. I think Villain will expect me to have draws very often and barrell TP+ and draws. I had decided if I call the T that I am probably going broke on the R given SPR and in case villain can overplay KX. I think this is my first opportunity to exit the hand "as played".

River: He puts me all-in on the river, so he either has a bluff or has me beat and my hand is a bluff catcher. However, I am teh donk and can't lay down TPTK.

Conclusion: I don't mind my play preflop, but on the flop and turn I have turned what could be a value hand into a bluff catcher by the river. I tried to play x/c line for pot control on a wet board OOP vs an opponent who probably isn't bluffing all that often as well.

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $4.87
      UTG: $2.84
      CO: $4.11
      BTN: $4.00 7/7/2/0/50/27 hands
      Hero (SB): $4.00

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has A:club: K:club:

UTG calls $0.04, CO calls $0.04, BTN raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.18, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.52, 2 players) 9:heart: K:heart: 8:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.37, Hero calls $0.37

Turn: ($1.26, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.96, Hero calls $0.96

River: ($3.18, 2 players) 8:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.47 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.47 and is all-in

Hero shows A:club: K:club: (Two Pair, Kings and Eights) (Pre 34%, Flop 0%, Turn 0%)
      BTN shows K:diamond: K:spade: (Full House, Kings full of Eights) (Pre 66%, Flop 100%, Turn 100%)
      BTN wins $7.72
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

If you planning to Call it down then rather just Check/Shove on the turn to protect your hand. Especially if you are against a nit you wont see that many worse hands in his range, not sure if he even bets the river for value with KQ.

Best Regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Thanks Veriz!

One of these days I'll play a hand well.

Re: the preflop line. What do you think would be best against this opp?

and re: flop line. What do you think about DB/fold. I think this would be best if we want value/protection and don't think bluffs often?