Horse racing anyone?

• cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Anyone interested in horse racing? Any inside info?

Theres a horse running today in the 3.30 at wolverhampton, england. Its called copperbottomed, its a great horse and at odds of 11/4, its a great value bet. Only downside IMO is that hayley turner is the jockey on the favourite (valhillen), and anything she sits on has a good chance these days.
  • 12 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      that hourse finished 2nd and ran a pretty dissapointing race. Does knowone follow horse racing?

Anyone used the fool proof millard system?
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      did u hear about that guy that put 50p on like 10 outside horses to win, they all won n he shipped in over 1mil :O im jealous lol. I don't follow horse racing tho

Edit- He actually bet on 8 horses n won exactly £1m
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      There was a woman bet on 11 horses to win, her first 10 won and capped the maximum £1 million payout, but the 11th lost, therefore she never got paid.
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      aww that sucks.. bet she was like woah im rakin it in, then the last 1 lost n she was gutted. Her own fault for betting on too many tho haha. Although, she could have still betted on that same last 1 if she bet 10 horses n still lost one so guess it doesn't make a difference
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Thats gay if they dont allow the payout for that race the bet for that race should be void.
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CardBender420
      Thats gay if they dont allow the payout for that race the bet for that race should be void.
      The whole point in accumulator betting is that the odds of all your chosen horses winning is so small, thats why the payout is so high for such a small stake.
      So if they "let you off" for one of your horses losing (even though u bet on more horses than you actually need to, to win the 1mil cap) then it'd be pretty pointless coz then everyone would do this n the betting shops would lose millions
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      It was the last horse that lost, IMO if you cap the 1million it should be payed out. But of course her bet did not win, she bet on every hourse to win, and it never. I can see both sides of the story.
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      y i understand. I play pro-line here in Canada it has the same structure. I bet on Hockey of course.

It just sucks for her :)

On a side note a girl in Toronto, Canada 2 years ago had purchased a 10$ mutli game ticket. She picked 8-10 american football games and hit every tie and win she picked! She made over a million $$$$.

She had never bet proline before! And she knew nothing about football!!

Another funny side note for canadian sports betting. Maybe 3-4 years after pro-line came out Euro Soccer "football" matches were put on the betting tickets, durring the mid 90's. Durring i think it was the euro cup or what ever it's called pro-line messed up and allowed bets after the days matches were finished. They messed up on the time zone difference. People were buying huge tickets and pro-line had to pay out a percentage i think it was still high. My buddys brother made 30K.

After that day pro-line made the rule that total daily pay-out can not exceed the daily take. :D
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Who's your hockey team of choice? I used to play pro for Liverpool. We were named after the detroit red wings. Damn I miss them days!
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Ottawa Senators!!!! <---- The Best!!!! *\o/* Go Sens Go *\o/*

"Toronto Maple Leafs"!!!! <-----The Worst!!!!! "Super Bad Team" they can't find cheer leaders they are so bad!

:D
    • RHart1985UKEngland
      RHart1985UKEngland
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      that hourse finished 2nd and ran a pretty dissapointing race. Does knowone follow horse racing?

Anyone used the fool proof millard system?
      whats the millard system? never heard of it.

is it anything to do with using a points system and aiming to hit a points target over a set amount of races? etc etc
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Millard system is quite commonly known.

The basics is:

You pick a race meeting, and bet on the favourite, if it wins, you stop betting. If it looses you bet double the amount on the next race. and so on.....

The favourites have got to be evens or better odds, if its not, you dont bet in that race.

I use a similar strategy, I have tweaked the millard system to suit me.

Both these systems are fool proof. With a large enough bank roll you cant loose TBH.