180 Players, Turbo/ BSS 6 Max

• AGjoker
      AGjoker
      Basic
      Hi Everyone!!!
      I'm new here in Pokerstrategy, and playing poker for a year.
      [Sorry for my english / grammar errors but I'm Portuguese]
      I have played 9 Players SNG, Turbo but lately decided to switch to cash games, and I have also gained some interest in MTT.

My idea is to learn as follows:
      1st Books
      2nd Videos / Most Active in Forum
      3rd Coaching (+ NL50)

Cash Games: 6 Max
      MTT: 180 Players, Turbo (How is the Variance?)

Can you help me? Give me some advices ... :f_confused:
      What books /articles should I read about shorthanded? (I've read "Poker Math That Matters", "The Poker Mindset" and "Sit N Go Strategy" by Moshman)

I'll start by playing NL2 and climb, not yet established a plan.

Thanks to all
      AGjoker
  • 1 reply
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hi AGjoker and welcome to the forum :)

If you have any questions regarding our offers, the forum or anything that has to do with tournaments feel free to ask!

First of all I would like to make you aware of our portuguese community forum. Maybe you feel more familiar there - of course you can still post in the english forums and I would be happy to read your posts here more frequently.

Regarding your questions:
      I would recommend focussing on ONE game type at the beginning. You shouldn't switch between games - especially not if they are as different as 6max cashgame and 180men MTSNG's.

If you choose the MTSNG's you should be aware of the wild swings that you will encounter. Swings of 100 Buyins are nothing uncommon. Therefore I would recommend having at least 200 Buyins for them.

It should be sufficient to read the articles that are available at pokerstrategy.com. You should have a look at the tournament section as well as the SNG section since the 180men need some concepts that are used for SNG's mainly. For example the Independent Chip Model.

Before you get started with the 180men I would further recommend watching a few of our videos on the theme. You may find an overview on some of the available videos here:
      Click

As soon as you achieve the silver status there is a lot of content that gets available. So I guess the silver status should be your first goal after starting. You may find further information on our points system here: Status and Points System

If you choose to start with cashgames I am the wrong person to ask. Feel free to post in our cashgame forums in this case.

Regards,
      Asaban