This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 JJ Speedpoker

• bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.75)
      BB ($5.07)
      Hero ($10.62)
      UTG+1 ($1.72)
      CO ($2.62)
      BTN ($2.42)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: J:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.15, UTG+1 raises to $0.40, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.25

FLOP ($0.87) 4:club: K:club: Q:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.43, Hero folds

UTG+1 wins $0.83

Not sure about my PF call giving up the initiative. Is there a better way of dealing with this vs SS?
  • 4 replies
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      I would shove against his stack preflop.
      I really think it's a mistake to call him there anyways, if you don't want to play for his stack then fold preflop, thats atleast how I view it.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Resilence
      I would shove against his stack preflop.
      I really think it's a mistake to call him there anyways, if you don't want to play for his stack then fold preflop, thats atleast how I view it.
      Thanks, yeah I was thinking about the shove, If I had more info I probably would have done, but in Speed poker you're never quite sure if the SS is waiting for nuts, or if they are shoving wide to force people to fold
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey bennisboy,

Either shove or fold preflop. Calling is just burning money in the long run against his stack.

Best regards,
    • Thorek
      Thorek
      Bronze
      Don't call that 3-bet