hello fellow ''believers''

• bhanughanu
      well i m bhanu and i have been playin at party poker for about 2 months now... just completed my 15000th hand... i m in gradute school of engineering so math was never a problem . however its clear that havin such advantage is not really an advantage at microlow stakes (i have learnt to use it but my opponents havent and consequently for me luck and maths have husband and ex-wife sorta relation)..but i think i can assume that at higher stakes it is central to the decisions made(based on what i have observed)
      why poker? .. ever since I saw a guy named Phil Ivey I just cudnt stop watchin youtube videos and it turns out that its the only sport/hobby that has ever interested me...

started off at $ 50 now i stand at abt 85$.. grind grind and more grind...went quite far down initially but did come back strong last 7000 hands.... gonna move up the stakes once i learn the unknown... still searchin for that illusive key... anyways had so much fun and pain along the way....

i adhere to a very strict bankroll strategy and i have moved up and down between 0.01/0.02 $ and 0.02/0.04$ no limit holdem... but still feel like I havent figured out things and more importantly people to a desirable degree...

joining u guys today with the hope to share with you and learn from you...

good luck to all
      from Germany
  • 4 replies
    • gadget51
      Hello there Bhanu and a warm welcome tothe community to you!

Now I first suggest you click the link at teh bottom of this post and join the NL Beginnners Course ok? The coaches are professionals and you can come and go as you please and ask them all sorts of questions to help you learn and improve. They really are very nice and very patient as well as knowing evrything you need to know.

Sencond, I'm afraid they will tell you the same as I am going to, that unfortunately there is no magic potion or pill for this game. You have it exactly right, grind and analyse, grind and analyse...it's just hard work and those who work the hardest will get the biggest rewards inthsi game. This goes for Phil Ivey just as much as it does me or you. Sorry about that! :D

Also, do not think that all that mathematics is wasted at the mcro limits because you would be misleading yourself. We know how bad people are there, but our big advantage is that we know our math, when to call and how much we can call. We know our odds and outs and mathematically this is where we make a lot of our money, because the looser players make huge mistakes and win a pot or two from us, but lose it all to us in the end.

I hope that's not too long a post for you, but if you have any questions just ask! :)

Very best regards,

• Thorek
    • bhanughanu
      thanks for the welcome and suggestions... i think u hit the nail on the head when u said that there is no magic potion... every passing day i come to realize that more and more.... anyways thanks for the link .. will start in that direction now... so many good things to learn...

joy, pain, strategy , calculations, decisions, connecting the dots, opponent reading and last but not the least instincts---this sport has got it all...

i appear to be like those hyper-excited first year student.. but i dont care i have fallen in love with this game....

best of luck to you
    • roopopper
      Hello and welcome :f_biggrin: