Stacks:
      UTG ($15.39) 154bb
      UTG+1 ($8.19) 82bb
      CO ($9.53) 95bb
      Hero (BTN) ($20.80) 208bb
      SB ($21.21) 212bb
      BB ($10.92) 109bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is BTN A Q
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 1 fold, BB raises to $0.85, Hero calls $0.65

Flop: 4 Q 4 ($1.75, 2 players)
      BB bets $1.05, Hero calls $1.05

Turn: K ($3.85, 2 players)
      BB bets $2.20, Hero calls $2.20

River: 8 ($8.25, 2 players)
      BB goes all-in $6.82, Hero folds

Villain is 21/17, AF 13.0, totResteal 19%(31), cbet3b 0/1. 220hands.

Villain is restealing wide, I expect him to have may hands I dominate in his range, that is why I flat 3b. This is okay right?

On flop I expect him to cbet these kind of boards all of the time. By raising I chase out his bluffs and get owned by his value range except maybe KQ, QJ.

Turn is a perfect card for second barrel, although I don't know if he realizes that this card also hits my 3b calling range pretty hard. Called because most ppl don't 3barr bluff in 3b pots and I expect him to be honest on R.

My planing okay?
  • 2 replies
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      Depending on bet-size, you could maybe already know if his range is stronger or weaker. If he always 3-bets this size, then your play is fine pre-flop.

On the flop, calling is standard I would say.

On the turn, I think you need to make the decision if you will call turn and river on this barrel card, or not at all. If you think he uses the turn K to barrel, he will very likely also barrel the river, as you have nothing in your range that beats a K other than KQ at this point.

I would personally just fold the turn; the K doesn't show that often on the turn, so in most similar situations, you can just call down.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Hi Gregor86,

I would consider raising flop since my perceived range here only contains draws. Also it's not like you are expecting JJ/TT to multi barrel here or your opponent to do multi barrel bluffs just because your range is hitting very well Q high flops.

On the K I would give up just because I don't expect people to barrel bluff this because again our range has AQ/KQ in it. Since AK is in his range (12 combos) I would fold here.

Best regards.