This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL10 zoom, AQs

• TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($15.39) 154bb
      UTG+1 ($8.19) 82bb
      CO ($9.53) 95bb
      Hero (BTN) ($20.80) 208bb
      SB ($21.21) 212bb
      BB ($10.92) 109bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is BTN A Q
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 1 fold, BB raises to $0.85, Hero calls $0.65

Flop: 4 Q 4 ($1.75, 2 players)
      BB bets $1.05, Hero calls $1.05

Turn: K ($3.85, 2 players)
      BB bets $2.20, Hero calls $2.20

River: 8 ($8.25, 2 players)
      BB goes all-in $6.82, Hero folds

Villain is 21/17, AF 13.0, totResteal 19%(31), cbet3b 0/1. 220hands.

Villain is restealing wide, I expect him to have may hands I dominate in his range, that is why I flat 3b. This is okay right?

On flop I expect him to cbet these kind of boards all of the time. By raising I chase out his bluffs and get owned by his value range except maybe KQ, QJ.

Turn is a perfect card for second barrel, although I don't know if he realizes that this card also hits my 3b calling range pretty hard. Called because most ppl don't 3barr bluff in 3b pots and I expect him to be honest on R.

My planing okay?
  • 2 replies
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      Depending on bet-size, you could maybe already know if his range is stronger or weaker. If he always 3-bets this size, then your play is fine pre-flop.

On the flop, calling is standard I would say.

On the turn, I think you need to make the decision if you will call turn and river on this barrel card, or not at all. If you think he uses the turn K to barrel, he will very likely also barrel the river, as you have nothing in your range that beats a K other than KQ at this point.

I would personally just fold the turn; the K doesn't show that often on the turn, so in most similar situations, you can just call down.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Hi Gregor86,

I would consider raising flop since my perceived range here only contains draws. Also it's not like you are expecting JJ/TT to multi barrel here or your opponent to do multi barrel bluffs just because your range is hitting very well Q high flops.

On the K I would give up just because I don't expect people to barrel bluff this because again our range has AQ/KQ in it. Since AK is in his range (12 combos) I would fold here.

Best regards.