BB = (€4.00)
      UTG1 = (€2.37)
      UTG2 = (€7.14)
      MP1 = (€6.10)
      MP2 = (€3.35)
      MP3 (Hero) = (€5.00)
      CO = (€16.62)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, Q.
      3 folds, MP2 calls €0.05, Hero raises to €0.25, 4 folds, MP2 calls €0.20.

Flop: (€0.57) 2, 9, T (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (€0.57) K (2 players)
      MP2 bets €0.35, Hero raises to €0.85, MP2 raises to €1.50, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: €1.42.

Tried to get a little creative, got punished for it.
  • 2 replies
    • HansTheGreat
      Hey elda420,

Cbet the flop instead of checking. You can still make some better hands to fold and secure yourself with you GS and overcards mostly like 2 free cards.
      Why do you raise you the turn?For value?Bluff? Because this way you kinda turn your hand into a bluff which doesnt really make sense since you have TPGK with decent draws.
      As played:
      Well kinda it depends how I saw him and what I think he is capable of but most likely I m towards a fold since I dont expect people to take such line without an extremely strong range. Just call and reevaluete further action.

Best regards,
    • elda420
      My reasoning for the reraise on the turn was that, after a limp/call pre-flop and a check on the flop villain looked very weak. In retrospect he most likely had some kind of suited connectors in his hand.

So basically my approach was to make my hand very strong (nut flush/straight) while also having outs for the 2nd nut flush. Since I checked the turn he could've thought that I wanted to give up my hand, or that he was ahead with a Kx type of hand. I wanted him to fold to my bet but I could've dealt with a call, being in position on the river.

My hand turning into a bluff wasn't something that I had thought to be an issue, but it all makes sense now. This taught me a lot.