[NL2-NL10] NL10 SSS AKs Reraise on C-bet, Fold or Shove?

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      --------------------
      HAND #1
      --------------------

Party Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 10 Players
      Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

Hero (MP2): $1.85 (18.5 bb)
      MP3: $3.04 (30.4 bb)
      CO: $6.43 (64.3 bb)
      BTN: $10 (100 bb)
      SB: $4.57 (45.7 bb)
      BB: $2 (20 bb)
      UTG: $25.22 (252.2 bb)
      UTG+1: $1.85 (18.5 bb)
      UTG+2: $10 (100 bb)
      MP1: $9.44 (94.4 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is MP2 with A
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP3 calls $0.40, 4 folds

Flop: ($0.95) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, MP3 raises to $1.30, Hero raises to $1.45 and is all-in, MP3 calls $0.15

Turn: ($3.85) A (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($3.85) 7 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Reads:
      * Instantly Reraised with his minraise button
      Vp$IP 47
      PFR 6
      AF 2.3
      Based on 20 hands± so actually not reliable enough.

The instant reraise made me go all-in as I see that as weakness, but I could be totally wrong here.

[Edit]

Villain Showed 7 7, Three of a kind Sevens. =(
  • 10 replies
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      I never really trust stuff like that.
      Couple weeks ago I would have pushed this, but these days I just fold them.
      Don't wanna risk my stack on this board.
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      I don't see instantly clicking the min. raise as weakness. I myself do this often when I have the nuts (min raise to all-in). I do it because I'm multitabling, maybe hes doing the same?

As far as the play goes, I'd have done the same thing. Thats the nice thing about SSS is that you can get committed so easily, hence playing for less risk
      Bronze
      Hi Gerv,

I have no opinion on such an action. Maybe xylere can be helpfull here.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      I have no opinion on instant click either,but in NL10 you should fold here and rethink if it`s worth to make cbet against such player with overcards and I don`t like the board either. You have stats and look at his fold to cbet,AF on flop.
      Opp looks like loose aggressive player probably weak (his stack only 30BB).In his calling range you can easily find any pocket pair,many suited connectors and gapers so on such board (pair and 2 suited cards) he can easy flop strong made hand (set or better) or draw.His AF is pretty high so he can bluff you considering that you hold overcards.Did you see him doing such moves?You have only A high at the moment with 6 outs and you have no club.Usually you can hope to hit big pair, maybe 2 pairs or set-often not the nuts.So folding is the best option for me.
      Good luck :)
      P.S I did some calculations with Poker stove and actually push is +EV decision or break even but I`m folding till I see him bluffing in such way. :)
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dallievas
      P.S I did some calculations with Poker stove and actually push is +EV decision or break even but I`m folding till I see him bluffing in such way. :)
      What kind of range did you give Villain?
    • burningzeus
      burningzeus
      Bronze
      What bothers me about his minraise is, that he is basically putting you AI.
      And it is a Min-Raise ... meaning he expects u to call imo and probably want u to call.

What Hand could he have, that you are ahead against? He´s a slight favorite if he´s holding the draw and a pretty big favorite if he´s got a pair already.

U got Odds about 4:1 I think.
      That would be enough for me if i might think a pure-bluff could be possible (he´s got a weird stack; maybe not the first time he tried this :-) )

But the fact that he has to know, u HAVE to call, with a slightly better Hand that u´re actually holding would lead me to a fold.

But i think it´s a close one. If u got any Reads u can call here i suppose
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      What kind of range did you give Villain?

Actually I tried 3 variants:1/4,1/2,2/3 vpip(all pairs included).
      I think we should play more straightforward on NL10,these calculations is interesting as learning stuff.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Since I know what he had I cannot join the discussion with you guys, although its for both interest that this is quite interesting.

However, I have 6 outs from the flop giving me a 1 to 3 odds to win this game from the flop to the river. The floppot was $0.95
      I c-bet with $0.65, got re-raised to $1.3 hence I was pot committed.

I think Villain's mistake here was min raising so I could just call and see the turn but both were pot committed with my 1.5BB left , there was no way he fold on the turn.

So according to the SS strategy, its a push or fold situation hence I reraised to All-In since the odds were simply there. I did not thought of this when playing the hand to be honest because I simply saw this guy as a LAG player raising his 2 overcards on the flop.

On the other hand, I could have folded this hand and posted it as well but I think I was pot committed anyway with my c-bet.

Should I next time just check in this AKs/AKo situation where I didnt hit anything?
    • burningzeus
      burningzeus
      Bronze
      Well the Problem is you can´t and shouldn´t make any decisions based on your stats, cause as u said, the sample size is almost rediculous.

So for me as a observer, the only read might be his stack-size. Quenstion is; Is that reliable? Is he a weak player oh was he just unlucky and forgot to rebuy?

If i understood u correctly, u think, he didn´t realize u comitted yourself? Im´not sure ´bout that. That would mean he hast to be a very weak player. A Fish at his best, so to speak :-)

As i already said. After you cb u´re getting pretty nice pot-Odds, so that could lead u to a call. It´s quite interesting that u would win often enough even to call a Hand link 8/x and Q/Q

and given this plus the fact that you said he´s a LAG, i change my mind. I think u have to call, cause it pay´s u, as long as he hasn´t got a monster

But i´m still astonished, that he would make this min-raise-move without having u beat.

And btw; cb is fine in my opinion
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      push it first in

as you correctly figured out, hero is commited to call against his range. By pushing first in, we maximize our Fold equity -> EV