bhanughanu

• bhanughanu
      bhanughanu
      Basic
      Name : bhanughanu
      Game: No limit Holdem

Experie nce so far:
      + started with $50 bankroll 2-3 months ago at microstakes 0.01/0.002. bought both poker tracker and holdem manger. prefer to use poker tracker. completed my 15000th hand this week.gained some experience.
      + grind grind and more grind. reached $80 after some ups and downs. want to go higher but only after proper mindset ,knowledge and of course a bankroll.
      + studying engineering in grad school so math isnt really a problem and given some time i have and in future can develop some fairly complex simulations preferably in MATLAB.
      + love the game

-ve not a very refined player in terms of winning percentage
      -ve limited ability to judge people , their hands and tricky spots.
      -ve get frustrated easily in two situations a). a long run of dry hands or board. b). making a correct play mathematically but getting knocked over by luck several times in a session
      -ve non existent situation instincts
      -ve impatience and sometimes unrealistic plans after an extraordinary profitable session(in % increase to bank roll).
      -ve overestimating some opponents
      -ve indecisiveness leading to a result known as ''FOLD''.

and many minor things here and there

Expectations and Plans:
      § to start to win at micro stakes accumulating valuable experience and temperament ------transition to 0.05/0.10 cents in maximum 3 months.
      § learn learn and learn more till decisions and discipline become 2nd nature.
      § break out of the habit of being slave to emotions.

these are the main things I was able to pick out from a journal i maintain religiously. and this serves as my introduction to you. hope it was to the point and it helps to judge your future student better.

Best of luck and best regards
      bhanughanu
  • 4 replies
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Hey,

Welcome to PS
      Make sure you go through all the coaching material that will surely help you cutdown on the -ve stuff

Where are you from?

Good luck :)
    • bhanughanu
      bhanughanu
      Basic
      Germany - My English is a bit weird sometimes.. :)
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      hello and welcome :spade:

Originally posted by bhanughanu
      + studying engineering in grad school so math isnt really a problem and given some time i have and in future can develop some fairly complex simulations preferably in MATLAB.
      for most everyday stuff you can use equilab, it's pretty awesome

Originally posted by bhanughanu
      -ve indecisiveness leading to a result known as ''FOLD''.
      when in doubt this is usually a good choice :)

good luck with your goals, if you keep this type of approach you'll easily improve most things you mentioned over time!
      you might also want to visit our hand evaluation boards.

best regards~
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck bhanughanu,

I have finished my master in Engineering but yeah, knowing math has really helped me come along in poker. :P

Great to have you with us here, hopefully you will enjoy around here. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, we will be around for you. Meanwhile good luck on tables, we will be waiting for your homework.

You can start with your 1st Lesson:
      Lesson #1

The whole course plan:
      Overview of Beginners Course

Best Regards.