[NL2-NL10] nl10 kk sh

• jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      0 hands

How does this look?

This type of hand is tricky for me, OOP with a mid pair.

After he checks the turn the river bet/fold was for thin value against a worse pair.

PokerStars - $0.10 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $10.27
      SB: $10.00
      BB: $10.00
      UTG: $17.49
      MP: $20.52
      Hero (CO): $17.96

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has K:diamond: K:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.75, 2 players) 7:club: A:heart: T:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.55, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($1.55, 2 players) J:club:
      Hero bets $0.60, fold

Hero wins $1.48
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      On Flop with no reads I just cbet myself. Checking with hardly any reads is not a good idea in general as it makes hand reading much tougher when you did not bet to define his range.

As played, River bet accomplishes nothing. He folds worse and continues with better. Unless you think betting River folds out an Ace (which he obviously isn't going to against your small sizing).

So Check and decide based on sizing and timing, then call or fold.
    • Thorek
      Thorek
      Bronze
      Cbet/fold vs unk
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jules97,

Flop: As said already CB the flop whilst you could get value even from draws, though it's difficult too Check/Call as you did while never know what to do on the turn on drawy board.

As played
      River: What's the point of Betting here?

Best Regards.
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      The reason for the river bet was to value bet against a worse pair.

I thought about that and so thought about a preflop calling range for villain if he is a reg in pokerstove and found out that he won't often have a worse pair on that board.

I gave him a range f QQ-22,ATs+,KJs+,QJs,JTs,T9s,98s,AQo-AJo,KQo, which I think he can carry the entire range through to the river.

I can't really imagine him callng 66-22 to any bet really after I'm still in the hand. He is vare rarely going to ahve hit a J or T with 1 pair too.

This stuff comes naturally for you guys now, but I have to think it through each time :f_biggrin: . One day! I think if he is fishy and can have a huge range, betting the river like this is ok?

Anyways, I do have a question. Saw we do cbet the flop and he calls. Any good templates to play the rest of the hand out? Would I be looking to check/fold the turn or check/call a bet then check/fold the river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, what worse hand calls the river if everything got there. :P Even a fish wont really call you.

Anyways, I do have a question. Saw we do cbet the flop and he calls. Any good templates to play the rest of the hand out? Would I be looking to check/fold the turn or check/call a bet then check/fold the river?

We can 2nd barrel the turn even for value whilst there are enough of draws and as you said he is a fish, so he might also call with Tx. :)