docs - help

• Aingles
      Aingles
      Bronze
      Hi there guys,

A couple of days ago , I sent some docs(driving license and some letter from the bank) to Pokerstars to unlock(even created a thread here) but I have been having some serious concerns about my personal information sent . I mean , has anyone ever had any unwanted visitors appear at there household , or debts that wern't theirs put in their name , or any sort of problem ? Please tell me if there has been any sort of problem because I would like to know . Also doen anyone know if Pokerstars evey deletes theese documents form their system ? Thanks
  • 6 replies
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Soemone is a little paranoied. :D

Don't worry. Stars handles this matters proffessionally. Lots of people (including me) have sent their IDs to verify their accounts and had no trouble. ;)
    • Aingles
      Aingles
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TiciBoy
      Soemone is a little paranoied. :D

Don't worry. Stars handles this matters proffessionally. Lots of people (including me) have sent their IDs to verify their accounts and had no trouble. ;)
      A think you might have to put that "little" underlined and in bold :) But I have never done this kind of things , and I sent the docs without thinking twice , which afterwards left me a bit worried . this was also a bit influenced by my parents who are also quite "scared" of the internet :D I just hope nothing happens :)
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      Don't worry, Stars are the site that I would trust the most out of any.

The data protection act should protect you. Think of how many IDs they need to protect to keep their good (& massive) brand name - pretty sure they would have a decent system for keeping things secure.

I have sent ID to quite a few sites....not worried really.
    • Aingles
      Aingles
      Bronze
      Ok then , I think I am less worried know . Thanks a lot for your help . But some more opinions would be nice :)
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      "my parents who are quite scared of the internet" hahahahaha mine too this made me laugh. My mum never used to let me order anything online :D

Don't worry about your information. This is pretty standard stuff for all poker rooms, sooner or later chances are they will ask you for some kind of ID. PokerStars is the biggest poker room in the world and it got there by being professionally well run. As well as their reputation to protect they also have to follow laws so they don't get their ass sued so i can almost guarantee that your info will be safe :)

Regards
      Carl
    • Aingles
      Aingles
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      "my parents who are quite scared of the internet" hahahahaha mine too this made me laugh. My mum never used to let me order anything online :D

Don't worry about your information. This is pretty standard stuff for all poker rooms, sooner or later chances are they will ask you for some kind of ID. PokerStars is the biggest poker room in the world and it got there by being professionally well run. As well as their reputation to protect they also have to follow laws so they don't get their ass sued so i can almost guarantee that your info will be safe :)

Regards
      Carl
      Alright then , I think I've got my head around the problem . Just praying to god nothing ever happens :D Thanks for all your help !