Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      HERO (CO) ($4.21) 105bb
      BTN ($3.30) 83bb
      SB ($4) 100bb
      BB ($5) 125bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.06, 4 players) HERO is CO 8:heart: A:diamond:
      HERO raises to $0.14, BTN calls $0.14, 2 folds

Flop: K:spade: 10:diamond: Q:diamond: ($0.34, 2 players)
      HERO checks, BTN bets $0.04, HERO calls $0.04

Turn: 4:spade: ($0.42, 2 players)
      HERO checks, BTN checks

River: A:club: ($0.42, 2 players)
      HERO bets $0.16

Stats/Reads
      BU=44/6, AF:8.0, 17h

PRE
      I give him this calling range:
      99-22,AJo-A8o,KJo,QJo-QTo,JTo,ATs-A2s,KJs-K8s,QJs-Q8s,JTs-J8s,T9s-T8s,98s,87s,76s

FLOP
      My plan is to c/f as this flop hits OPP range pretty hard. I can easily call his small bet, as I have gutshot + backdoor FD.

TURN
      Plan to c/f again.

RIVER
      This is a pretty slim value-bet. Is it better to c/f?
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Flop: I would c/f a hand like 88. With A8 with the Ace of diamond, I think I do not mind a cbet with the intention of barreling all diamonds (2 or 3 barrels). While this board is coordinated, I don't think he is ever calling 88-22 here, and he should be folding his mid connectors as well like 78s without diamond flush draw. So if this guy is not very good (probably is since he plays NL4), I just make an exploitable halfpot bet.

This means your bluff needs to work 33% of the time to be profitable. I think that is the case, based on the preflop range you gave him. And furthermore you can improve on later streets.

River: I hope you understand that river has a 4 straight. Betting here is just insane. He can easily have so many JX straights and maybe even AQ/AT. You are better off checking and maybe calling or folding. All flush draws missed.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Flop: I would c/f a hand like 88. With A8 with the Ace of diamond, I think I do not mind a cbet with the intention of barreling all diamonds (2 or 3 barrels). While this board is coordinated, I don't think he is ever calling 88-22 here, and he should be folding his mid connectors as well like 78s without diamond flush draw. So if this guy is not very good (probably is since he plays NL4), I just make an exploitable halfpot bet.

This means your bluff needs to work 33% of the time to be profitable. I think that is the case, based on the preflop range you gave him. And furthermore you can improve on later streets.

River: I hope you understand that river has a 4 straight. Betting here is just insane. He can easily have so many JX straights and maybe even AQ/AT. You are better off checking and maybe calling or folding. All flush draws missed.
      +1

with fold equity, gutshot and backdoor flushdraw I would also c-bet your spot.
      Blockbet river/fold to raise should be fine- don´t think you don´t get called too often, but betting small yourself would often get you win the pot (if you´re ahead) and don´t let him bluff his air. If player is straight forward then c/f is also fine.

best regards,