Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      HERO (CO) ($4.08) 102bb
      BTN ($6.47) 162bb
      SB ($4.20) 105bb
      BB ($4.12) 103bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.06, 4 players) HERO is CO Q:club: J:club:
      HERO raises to $0.14, BTN calls $0.14, 2 folds

Flop: K:club: K:diamond: 9:heart: ($0.34, 2 players)
      HERO checks, BTN checks

Turn: 7:heart: ($0.34, 2 players)
      HERO checks, BTN checks

River: 8:club: ($0.34, 2 players)
      HERO checks, BTN checks

Final Pot: $0.34
      HERO shows
      Q:club: J:club:
      BTN shows
      5:spade: A:heart:

BTN wins $0.33 (net +$0.19)

HERO lost $0.14

BU=58/11, AF: 0.9, FCB:27, 66h

Is this a standard line? He never folds anything. This is the kind of an opponent I want to value-bet light.
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      3.5BB open is way too big. it just means you are playing too nitty from CO. raise smaller, and with a wider range.

I don't see why you are not bluffing this flop. I may understand your rationale if he is a huge station and the board is 922r cos he would probably float all Ace highs and any 2 overcards or maybe even T8s with backdoor flushdraw. But on a KK9r board, this guy is going to fold his Q8s or 78. Furthermore you have gutshot outs + backdoor flush draw. Clear bet, and barrel good turn cards which improve your equity.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      3.5BB open is way too big. it just means you are playing too nitty from CO. raise smaller, and with a wider range.

I don't see why you are not bluffing this flop. I may understand your rationale if he is a huge station and the board is 922r cos he would probably float all Ace highs and any 2 overcards or maybe even T8s with backdoor flushdraw. But on a KK9r board, this guy is going to fold his Q8s or 78. Furthermore you have gutshot outs + backdoor flush draw. Clear bet, and barrel good turn cards which improve your equity.
      +1

I would also prefer raising 3x pre-flop. If you had no equity then giving up is fine, but since you have 10 outs against Ax hands and you can barrel on clubs aces or even blank turn cards (if player likes to float a lot) then I would also prefer c-bet.

best regards,