Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

Hero (BTN): $74.83 (149.7 bb)
      SB: $63.63 (127.3 bb)
      BB: $64.31 (128.6 bb)
      UTG: $50 (100 bb)
      MP: $83.22 (166.4 bb)
      CO: $50 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 9 A
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, SB folds, BB raises to $4.25, Hero raises to $11, BB calls $6.75

Flop: ($22.25) 5 J 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($22.25) Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($22.25) 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $11, Hero folds

Anon table.

BB is a reg, he was quite active preflop, made a couple of 3bets before, so I thought it's a good spot to fight back, I have a blockerhand, we are BTN v BB, and a little deep, so it would be hard for him to continue. Sizing?

Lately I get calls to my 4bets quite often from opponents that look like regs, sometimes even oop, like here.
      How do you assign range to these moves?? QQ+/AK, or sometimes hands they dont know how to react to 4bet with, but they dont want to fold, like AQ/KQs/AJs/TT/99??
      How do you proceed postflop in 4bet pots without a monster, or without hitting anything like in this one? Cause I usually ch/fold, the pot is big, and I cant really put my opponent on range, so my main goal is to avoid big mistakes, like put in another 20bb with bet/fold against a stronger range, or even fold the best hand to a bluff...
  • 2 replies
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      If you we're 100bb deep I'd 4bet smaller but a bit deeper I like your sizing.

I also get lost in such spot where a reg calls a 4bet oop. Hard to assing a range here, but I would cbet this board around 1/3 of the pot as I dont expect villain to float light here.
      Give up maybe if you've seen that villain calls down quite light and you cant expect him to give up with 99-TT here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Sizing is good whilst we are also a bit deeper there.

How do you assign range to these moves?? QQ+/AK, or sometimes hands they dont know how to react to 4bet with, but they dont want to fold, like AQ/KQs/AJs/TT/99??

You can't basically just assign them a range if you don't even know them. You may reg even calling with a lot looser range, you may see reg calling with tighter range, you may see reg trapping you, so there is no default range for that. Based on our image, reg play etc we can base the factors whilst I have 0 information on that.

How do you proceed postflop in 4bet pots without a monster, or without hitting anything like in this one?

Depends again, against some nitty range if I assume that to be true I'd just Check behind and give it up, vs looser range I obviously CB whilst also have position here.

Best Regards.