[NL2-NL10] NL10 AJo

• TheWinnerTakesItAll
      Opponent stats 32/4 AF:1,6 WTSD:14 W$SD:83 after 136 hands.

On turn Qd completes T9, FD, two pairs, so maybe check/call if he bets up to ~1,5$ and check/fold if he bets bigger is better than bet/fold? Because I see just a few worse hands, which can call it.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, J.
      UTG2 calls $0.10, 6 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, UTG2 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) J, 7, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, UTG2 calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.05) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, UTG2 raises to $2.80, Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.25.
  • 3 replies
    • Tomaloc
      bet smaller (like 1/2 pot or less) or just check/fold (which most likely would be my choice).
      this turncard really sucks for us as it improves a lot of his range and kills action from worse.

he most likely won't have pure air since from the few stats he seems to be very picky with what he continues postflop. check/calling is bad.
    • muel294
      why x/f the turn? we have NFD, can't we just play x/c given correct implied or pot odds? Say x/c up to 1/2 pot or x/f? I think his range for betting the turn after calling the F is going to be at least TP.

Do you not think we have good enough implieds, plus we are OOP?

• Tomaloc
      oops, i somehow just didn't notice AT ALL that we had a draw to the nuts. :f_biggrin:
      i think that most things still hold up though.

we are still in bad shape because 4-flushes have horrible implied odds, specially oop.
      c/c a 1/2 bet also leaves us a bit behind correct pot odds, but it isn't a huge mistake if you think that he can bet for free showdown with less than very strong hands.

all that said, with our nutdraw i slightly prefer to make a small bet myself (1/2 or less) to just check/folding.
      as played we are almost getting the needed 4:1 in a turn call, but we aren't actually priced in because he will be holding our outs pretty often. :f_biggrin: