RIVER ($2.40) 4:club: 8:spade: Q:diamond: 4:heart: 8:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $1.10, BB calls $1.10

BB shows 7:heart: Q:heart:
      (Pre 49%, Flop 3.5%, Turn 0.0%)

Hero shows 4:spade: 4:diamond:
      (Pre 51%, Flop 96.5%, Turn 100.0%)

Hero wins $4.37

Standard Open

We flop the set, unfortunately only one broadway card out there. Villain leads out and I decide to call. I figure this would let weakish hands carry on rather than raising. I mean, if I raise, I surely only get calls from AQ, KQ, maybe JQ, then QQ and 88.

Set turns to quads. Now how do I extract max value? Villain bets out, I raise here to try to get the pot bigger, and hoping to face a re-raise, but villain flats. Again, if I raise bigger, only TPGK comes along?

Should we be 3betting bigger here? I know the idea is to get where I can shove the river, but wouldn't that require a scare sized bet here?

Should have bet bigger here really if the villain has made it all this way, but no draws have come in, and I can't see any hands out there that villain could go broke with. I bet under half pot to try to get some thin value

Any thoughts on how to get more value from this hand without scaring the villain off?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20

Since there are no flushdraw I would also call on the flop. I need to have reads against player to raise there- since I don´t need to protect my hand I would prefer keep in his bluffs. Turn min-raise is fine, but since he would likely call also 1$ bet then I would raise a little larger.

You can consider shoving river, but since 8 is also scary card for Qx, then betting 1.5$ would be a little better option

best regards,