DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $2.96 - VPIP: 50, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 14
      Hero (BB): $5.00 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 16, 3B: 5, AF: 2.1, Hands: 29664
      UTG: $17.97 - VPIP: 38, PFR: 29, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 21
      MP: $6.00 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 20, 3B: 0, AF: 2.0, Hands: 20
      CO: $5.00 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 17, 3B: 17, AF: 4.0, Hands: 18
      BTN: $3.26 - VPIP: 33, PFR: 20, 3B: 0, AF: 6.0, Hands: 15

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with Q :heart: Q :club:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.15, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.15, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.54, MP calls $0.39, BTN calls $0.39

Flop: ($1.64) 2 :diamond: 8 :club: 3 :heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.05, MP calls $1.05, BTN folds (standard Cb size, they could think I'm doing it with overcards. I wanna keep their range wide)

Turn: ($3.74) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks (I don't think I can get more value from overcards by betting, so I'm giving them a chance to bluff. Overpairs are going to bet most likely.

River: ($3.74) 5 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $2.00, Hero calls $2 (Again, he might bluff with overcards, and definietly going to bet with overpairs)

I'm going for maximum value, hence the tricky play.
  • 5 replies
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey Imimba1,

I m not a huge fan of your play here. Why do you have to take a tricky line? What is the purpose of the tricky line if you dont even know the opponent especially for this limits?
      Preflop:Why do you squeeze that small? Do you plan to fold to a shove? Since I would assume that you 3bet your QQ here for value I would make it bigger(~0,7)+ OOP.
      Flop&Turn: I would bet both streets and shove a lot of rivers.Also if he is a nit I would assume he 4bets his KK+ here so I m assuming that I m mostly likely rather against a weaker unknown player so I would keep the lines as simply as possible.

Best regards,
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      If you are going for max value, why don't you raise the river to see if you can get any more out of him?
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Is there any hand he could call a raise with that you can beat, or make any stronger hands fold?

The way it was played I would put him on a value range of a set, two pair or maybe 10's. Alternatively I would say he could have over-cards, which could be a fairly large chunk of his potential range.

I don't mind a call on the river, although I'm not sure its as +EV as you may expect, but would hate the raise against this hand range.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Villain seems relatively unknown but those stats indicate he is towards the tighter side. I would give him something like QQ-TT,AJs+,KQs,AQo+ ( I would expect KK+ to 4b) so we are basically betting vs OP's for value. I would therefore be inclined to agree with sikac. I'm only really worried about T/J/K/A turns and rivers.

Although if you have reason to believe he might call 3b's IP wider than the above then I might include more sets in his range 88/99 (don't think 55 would call down). In which case I would be inclined to b/c F+T 1/2 pot. Given his AF I wouldn't assume he plays raise/broke with TT/JJ. Unless you have reason to believe that he might play raise/fold with these hands then I might be inclined to b/c and re-evaluate T+R and maybe continue to play x/c for pot control / WAWB vs sets and weaker OP's with draws being less likely on this texture.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Hey Imimba1,

I m not a huge fan of your play here. Why do you have to take a tricky line? What is the purpose of the tricky line if you dont even know the opponent especially for this limits?
      Preflop:Why do you squeeze that small? Do you plan to fold to a shove? Since I would assume that you 3bet your QQ here for value I would make it bigger(~0,7)+ OOP.
      Flop&Turn: I would bet both streets and shove a lot of rivers.Also if he is a nit I would assume he 4bets his KK+ here so I m assuming that I m mostly likely rather against a weaker unknown player so I would keep the lines as simply as possible.

Best regards,
      Preflop: Im doing it to make a wider range to call. The SPR is going to be small on the flop this way also, so no problem going broke with overpair. But this way he could call with weaker hands aswell.

TURN: What weaker hands would call? But then again, what was my plan preflop? If it's to stack somoene postflop, then I have to bet/bet/bet at least smallish. If get FE vs AK etc., then bet bigger. strange

Well, one thing is certain: I have to consistent: Make a plan, and do it!