This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 - playing AA on a KK flop

• pyropove
      pyropove
      Bronze
      PKR, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $1.58 (39.5 bb)
      SB: $2.52 (63 bb)
      BB: $4.38 (109.5 bb)
      Hero (UTG+2): $5.37 (134.3 bb)
      MP1: $3.94 (98.5 bb)
      MP2: $3.84 (96 bb)
      MP3: $3.87 (96.8 bb)
      CO: $0.92 (23 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A A
      Hero raises to $0.16, 6 folds, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.34) K K 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.25, BB raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.31, BB raises to $4.22 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results:
      $2.96 pot ($0.29 rake)
      Final Board: K K 4
      BB mucked and won $2.67 ($1.20 net)
      Hero mucked A A and lost (-$1.47 net)

Not sure what BB was trying to do with that minraise postflop. I'm either miles ahead or miles behind his wide peeling range, so all I felt I could do was raise my hand for protection/find out where I am.
  • 2 replies
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      I'm either miles ahead or miles behind

This IMO. I would be inclined to x/behind on the flop. What worse hands call your c-bet.

By betting you turn a strong hand into a bluff catcher :s_frown: . You can no longer bet for value. Once villain x/raises your c-bet he can only have bluffs or 44 / Kx. So if you 3b his raise he either folds everything you beat and only calls or 4b's you with better (i.e Kx)

If you x/beh for bluff induce your opp can bet the turn as a bluff or (mistakenly) for "value" with a weaker PP or pair if he connects with the turn.

My line for this hand would be:
      Flop: x/beh for bluff induce / pot control
      Turn: If villain checks: bet 1/2-2/3 for value and re-evaluate river (maybe bet/fold 1/2 pot on some rivers un-improved). If villain bets: call Turn and re-evaluate river.

cheers
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pyropove,

Either you just Call the raise there or you fold it. If you 3bet then it means you doing it for value = go broke, why didn't you? Why would you turn your hand into bluff like that? What do you think he does? Folds? Calls?

Best Regards.