This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 sh 83h

• jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      Ok, ok not the best hand I know... :f_cool:

But, BTN is opening widish from BTN and folding a lot to 3bets

BTN

and SB seems fairly TAGish so far at 14/14 after 40 hands and likely to fold his PP.

So I think the squeeze is ok for FE value alone. But yeah I'm willing to accept the flop cbet is spew :f_o: :f_o: Hey, at least I didn't barrel the turn! :f_p:

PokerStars - $0.10 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $24.50
      SB: $11.51
      Hero (BB): $19.14
      UTG: $10.02
      MP: $22.07
      CO: $3.58

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 3:heart: 8:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.25, SB calls $0.20, Hero raises to $1.00, BTN calls $0.75, fold

Flop: ($2.25, 2 players) 9:diamond: 4:heart: 5:club:
      Hero bets $1.07, BTN calls $1.07

Turn: ($4.39, 2 players) 9:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.15, fold

BTN wins $4.19
  • 4 replies
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Would you cbet so small when you had hit the flop good. It looks to me like weak scared bluff attempt. I'd be inclined to float as well.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jules97,

Preflop: Not really good idea whilst you have really bad equity with a hand once you get called and of course make mistakes postflop. :)

As played
      Postflop: Rather Check/Fold the flop whilst you most likely wont have much fold equity on such a dry board.

Best Regards.
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      Let's assume I had a better hand preflop and I wasn't going to make massive mistakes postflop, if so, should my 3bet be different sizing given that we are deep?

Or should I just be aware that when deep a villain is likely to call more 3bets and plan for that accordingly?

I am restarting tables at 200bbs, but I still want to learn to play deep :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by jules97
      Let's assume I had a better hand preflop and I wasn't going to make massive mistakes postflop, if so, should my 3bet be different sizing given that we are deep?

Or should I just be aware that when deep a villain is likely to call more 3bets and plan for that accordingly?

I am restarting tables at 200bbs, but I still want to learn to play deep :f_biggrin:
      Yes, being deeper you should also squeeze it bigger cause you can very likely get called if it's too small. :) Wouldn't you do that if you get the chance?