This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 A5s Freeplay

• PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $0.70
      BTN: $0.97
      SB: $2.00
      Hero (BB): $2.73
      UTG: $1.65

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has A:heart: 5:heart:

fold, CO calls $0.02, fold, fold, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.05, 2 players) A:diamond: K:heart: Q:club:
      Hero bets $0.02, CO calls $0.02

Turn: ($0.09, 2 players) T:heart:
      Hero bets $0.04, CO calls $0.04

River: ($0.17, 2 players) 4:heart:
      Hero bets $0.10, CO raises to $0.62 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.52

This hand was at a filling up table and I thought my A pair was okay to bet small in this heads up situation in position.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello PhoenixPhreak,

Just shove the river whilst if he has Jx he is going to pay you. :)

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      Is it not better to check the turn on this board and play our hand according to odds and outs? Too many 2pairs + Jx hands in his range for us to have next to any fold equity vs better hands + he is checking back a singe pair and sometimes even 2pairs anyway.

We can assume that on this board we have quite big implied odds for a check/call and we can just donkshove our flush on the river and expect to get called by Jx or sometimes even 2pair. Sometimes we hit a 5 or an ace and we can check, hoping for a likely check behind by weaker 2pairs and 1pairs.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      Is it not better to check the turn on this board and play our hand according to odds and outs? Too many 2pairs + Jx hands in his range for us to have next to any fold equity vs better hands + he is checking back a singe pair and sometimes even 2pairs anyway.

We can assume that on this board we have quite big implied odds for a check/call and we can just donkshove our flush on the river and expect to get called by Jx or sometimes even 2pair. Sometimes we hit a 5 or an ace and we can check, hoping for a likely check behind by weaker 2pairs and 1pairs.
      Not really, I'd rather Bet the flop & turn bigger cause I assume he is very often paying also with weaker Pairs. :)