Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (CO): $5.24 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 16, 3B: 5, AF: 2,1, Hands: 30168
      BTN: $5.00 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 13, 3B: 0, AF: 0,7, Hands: 31
      SB: $5.33 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 15, 3B: 0, AF: 6,0, Hands: 106
      BB: $10.33 - VPIP: 12, PFR: 5, 3B: 3, AF: 1,6, Hands: 91
      UTG: $1.79 - VPIP: 70, PFR: 6, 3B: 0, AF: 2,1, Donk: 38; WTS: 56; Hands: 64

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is CO with A :heart: K :spade:
      UTG calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.15, 3 folds, UTG calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.37) 9 :spade: 9 :club: 3 :diamond: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.77) 8 :diamond: (2 players)

River: ($1.17) 2 :club: (2 players)
      Q3

I called Flop/turn because of implied odds. He probably has a middle pair, or overcards. I dont have to protect vs overcards, but I need the A/K against mpp, because he doesnt fold. Hence the calldown.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Imimba1,

Preflop: Raise it bigger.
      Postflop: If you assume he is donking with wide range into you and maybe even with weaker hands then sure turn & river are fine. Though I don't really expect that often to be ahead vs 3barreling lines. Seems like just getting thin value from you. :D

Best Regards.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Imimba1,

Postflop: If you assume he is donking with wide range into you and maybe even with weaker hands then sure turn & river are fine. Though I don't really expect that often to be ahead vs 3barreling lines. Seems like just getting thin value from you. :D

Best Regards.
      Flop is easy call, right? We can reevaluate on the turn. On the turn, we get the implied odds, dont we? We need to get a 1/3 pot sized bet if we hit to make it +ev.
      River should be fold, but I'm not sure vs these people.
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Hello Imimba1,

Best Regards.
      Flop is easy call, right? We can reevaluate on the turn. On the turn, we get the implied odds, dont we? We need to get a 1/3 pot sized bet if we hit to make it +ev.
      implied odds means that if you hit your card, you will on average earn a lot more than what is in the pot(a large part of his stack or his whole stack). do you think if the A or K spikes on the river and he bets and you raises that he is going to call you with a hand he donkbets with ? (normally draw and mid/weak pairs) ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Hello Imimba1,

Best Regards.
      Why would it be easy Call? Depends a lot on the opponent and what we expect him to be donking. Seems like you don't understand what's the purpose of implied odds, for example you have 6 outs in that case which we obviously even can't always count as outs = reversed implied odds. Though lets assume we count 6 clean outs:
      You need ~83 cents on the turn to make it profitable to Call. :) So which you wont really very likely get paid. :P Nor of course even if he has lower PPs mainly then those don't pay you.