Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $2.98 - VPIP: 41, PFR: 19, 3B: 0, AF: 3,0, Hands: 27
      Hero (CO): $5.22 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 16, 3B: 5, AF: 2,1, Hands: 30168
      BTN: $4.78 - VPIP: 8, PFR: 8, 3B: 0, AF: 1,0, Hands: 25
      SB: $2.54 - VPIP: 59, PFR: 3, 3B: 8, AF: 2,1, Hands: 29
      BB: $13.23 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 14, 3B: 8, AF: 3,0, Hands: 74

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is CO with K :heart: J :diamond:
      UTG calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.15, 1 fold, SB calls $0.13, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.50) Q :heart: 7 :spade: 3 :club: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.05, UTG calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.05

Turn: ($0.65) 8 :diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.10, UTG calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

River: ($0.95) 6 :heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.25, UTG folds, Hero folds

Final Pot: $0.95
      SB wins $0.91
      (Rake: $0.04)
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Imimba1,

Preflop: I'd recommend to take a look at the basic articles about raise size.
      Postflop: Fold the flop, fold he turn, fold the river. Don't see any reason to Call the flop even if you get good odds, you can never be sure how good your pair is going to be even if you hit and might put yourself into trouble as you happen to find yourself. :D

Best Regards.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Imimba1,

Postflop: Fold the flop, fold he turn, fold the river. Don't see any reason to Call the flop even if you get good odds, you can never be sure how good your pair is going to be even if you hit and might put yourself into trouble as you happen to find yourself. :D

Best Regards.
      Minbetting is a viable strategy against thinking players? I'd never expect Phil Ivey or Isildur fold to a minbet, EVER. :f_biggrin:
      If I fold to a minbet, I could be pushed out of the pot WAY to often.
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      I agree, I call at least the flop once, sometimes raise and sometimes raise the turn, just to avoid that from happening. This might not be the best spot, though, as he doesn't have many draws in his range.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Imimba1,

Best Regards.
      Minbetting is a viable strategy against thinking players? I'd never expect Phil Ivey or Isildur fold to a minbet, EVER. :f_biggrin:
      If I fold to a minbet, I could be pushed out of the pot WAY to often.
      You can of course but the problem for you what appears usually that you tend to start to overplay your hands. For example you should be rather folding the turn even though bets again very small.