Beginner's question

• Chymera
      Chymera
      Bronze
      Hy all!
      I would like to ask something: if you have any kind of rakeback offer and limited time per day to play -let's say 2*2 hours a day-, what is worth playing for the most rakeback: cash game or sng?
      Thanks for the answers!
  • 9 replies
    • bjela
      bjela
      Bronze
      Hey,

I don't think you should look at it like that. If you have limited time to play, play the game you enjoy the most. That way you'll be able to improve and move up quickly, and with that generate more rake and get more rakeback as a result.

As for the question itself, it depends on what limits you can play with your bankroll, how many tables do you want to play at the same time, FR/SH/HU games, etc... But, as a general idea, I think biggest rake-generators are SNG players.

Hope this helps,
      gl on the tables.
    • Chymera
      Chymera
      Bronze
      Thanks for the answer, really appreciate it! The idea is that I can't decide which one is more profitable if you want to start somewhere and can't grind all day long or long enough. And when it comes to calculating rb too I thought one is less profitable than the other.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Silver
      Hey Chymera.

The fact is, if you are just starting and playing micro stakes games for an hour or 2 a day, rakeback really won't be that important to you. You should be able to make solid profit and progress playing simple ABC poker and not have to worry about relying on rakeback for profit and therefore pick the game that you enjoy most like bjela said :) this way you will become better quicker (hopefully) and move up quicker to stakes where rakeback will make a difference to your win rate.

If you really want/need rakeback then i agree that SnGs are a "good" way to pay more rake :)

Regards
      Carl
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Chymera
      Hy all!
      I would like to ask something: if you have any kind of rakeback offer and limited time per day to play -let's say 2*2 hours a day-, what is worth playing for the most rakeback: cash game or sng?
      Thanks for the answers!
      Hi Chymera,
      At the top of any forum page is a search button.
      There is so much material in the forums that compare cash games and sngs.

As to rakeback, though that adds a different element.
      So much depends on the limits you play for cash games, or the buy-ins for the tournaments.

You should be able to figure this out though:
      If you use tracking software like HM2 or PT4, look at how much rake you're paid over the last 10,000 hands or so.

From that you can see how much you're likely to make in rakeback per 1000 hands.

Compare that to the amount of rakeback you'll get from playing SnGs in the same length of time.

After all that...
      Don't think of the money.
      Think hand by hand to make the best poker decisions, and let the money sort itself out.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Some very good advice here for you Chymera :)
    • Chymera
      Chymera
      Bronze
      Yeah, I totally agree with you Holly! This is my first post in this community and I am amazed by the kindness and helpfulness I'm facing here. Big respect for you guys and thanks for the answers!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Yeah, I totally agree with you Holly! This is my first post in this community and I am amazed by the kindness and helpfulness I'm facing here. Big respect for you guys and thanks for the answers!
      Yes, our community is pretty awesome!

Hope to see you around here more often ;)
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Silver
      :s_love: Hope its made you want to stick around for a while longer :)
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Of course we are awesome :coolface:

Hope to see you more often in our community!