This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH, 88@CO vs UTG minOR + caller

• dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Holdem
      PartyPoker
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($3.94) 99bb
      UTG+1 ($5.02) 126bb
      HERO (CO) ($4) 100bb
      BTN ($1.73) 43bb
      SB ($2.12) 53bb
      BB ($4.16) 104bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.06, 6 players) HERO is CO 8:spade: 8:heart:
      UTG raises to $0.08, UTG+1 calls $0.08, HERO calls $0.08, 1 fold, SB calls $0.06, 1 fold

Flop: 4:heart: J:club: 4:spade: ($0.36, 4 players)
      SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, HERO checks

Turn: 6:spade: ($0.36, 4 players)
      SB bets $0.26, 1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.68, HERO folds, SB folds

Stats/Reads
      UTG=43/14, AF:16, CB:33, 28h,
      *OR 2bb w/ KQo @ CO, c-b 1/2 w/ 2nd pair

CO=35/13, AF:4, 24h
      *raises OL to 6bb w/ QQ IP, cbets 1/2 w/ overpair HU, cks turn 3flush w/ overpair, leads 3bb river A

PRE
      Question is: flat or squeeze? If I squeeze, MP probably will fold, but UTG OR range is pretty small and I don`t think he will call with much worse. Then again, by squeezing I would gain initiative IP and could profitably c-bet smaller boards, knowing that OPP will fold all overcards.

By calling I`m basically set-mining multi-way. I think, this is a good option, also there were not any aggressive players behind me.

FLOP
      I guess, I had to bet on the flop for protection. I think 55-77 would call, even some broad-ways. My bet would thinner the field, and I might go to showdown.

TURN
      Standard.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dienaszaglis,

Bet the flop as nobody shows interest into the flop, though otherwise not much to comment. :) Flatting though is also standard.

Best Regards.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Agreed a reason to bet the flop would be for protection.

Looking at equilator, we are ahead about 40% of the time now, and 30% of the time by the river against the expected ranges (I entered top 20% / 25% / 30% of hands as ranges).

It seems a little more complex to me however as multi-way you know that if you do get called your very likely to be way behind and with only two 'outs' in the deck.

Where I can only get called by hands that beat me, but my hand has showdown value, I often take a view that checking may be best.

Is it personal preference for you to bet there, or based on maximum EV?