Started All Over Again

• mateuszrybinski
      mateuszrybinski
      Bronze
      What if you went back in time and could start your poker carrier all over again, what would you do different?

You have exactly some amount of time and you can't add more time to your "poker carrier" only restructure how much time you spend on different things and what information you learn.

Maybe you spend hundreds of hour in the technical but if you did it again you would spend that time on the mental side instead, for example.
  • 4 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      awesome question... it just occurred to me that i've known how to play poker for nearly 5 years. i was just starting college and decided to go and buy a poker chip set with a friend. next thing i knew i was making an account on party poker and spewing play money. i started trying to improve about 3 years ago but i still was a huge fish. this length of time playing a certain way created so many bad habits it feels like im taking a lifetime to plug them.... i sat down last year with pokerstrategy and a $30 bankroll and haven't had $0 in my balance since i last cashed out.

what i would do differently:
      from the beginning i would read about making money with online poker, look at people's graphs for inspiration and learn as quickly as possible that there is money to be MADE and not WON. i would find a way to study theory and just work on my game. i would also register for pokerstrategy AND USE IT when it first came out - if only i knew about it!!!

in short, i wouldn't do anything differently, i would just cut out the few years of me splashing around for fun with play money/$10 deposits and replace them with me actually learning :D
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      spewing play money.
      lol, this is the best thing I've read in a while. :f_biggrin:
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by metza
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      spewing play money.
      lol, this is the best thing I've read in a while. :f_biggrin:
      i still play on play money somtimes... :facepalm:
    • SenaidaJackson
      SenaidaJackson
      Basic
      i would just cut out the few years of me splashing around for fun with play money/$10 deposits and replace them with me actually learning