[NL2-NL10] A6 - steal - hit hard

• AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Hey there!!

I´m stealing against two people who are very likely to fold. I got one call from a 12/9/13 (140 hands). On the aces dry flop I´m betting just half pot. When he donks to me on the turn, I shove cause raise would be more than half anyway.

However....then came to my mind - shouldn´t I fold? He is kinda...floating out of position which is apparently wrong in a way. But I thought that this line can be quite strong because Cbet is standard and now he doesn´t want to lose value. My Kicker totally sucks so....what do you think?
      Or maybe calldown? I just got so confused...

PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 7 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: $6.89
      CO: $2.07
      Hero (BTN): $2.23
      SB: $5.07
      BB: $6.78
      UTG: $5.10
      UTG+1: $1.82

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has 6:diamond: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.42, 2 players) A:spade: 2:heart: A:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.82, 2 players) 3:club:
      BB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.83 and is all-in, BB calls $1.53

River: ($4.48, 2 players) T:club:

BB shows J:club: A:heart: (Three of a Kind, Aces) (Pre 72%, Flop 79%, Turn 86%)
      Hero shows 6:diamond: A:club: (Three of a Kind, Aces) (Pre 28%, Flop 21%, Turn 14%)
      BB wins $4.29
  • 5 replies
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      Hey,

do you open 4bb on BU as standart? I would use 3bb or even 2.5bb, because tight players will probably play the same defending range against you no matter your sizing. In my experience regulars usually defend with 3bet, so your steal will be more profitable because they need to work less often.

Flop cbet here is fine. On turn I would call his donk a call river/ bet if he checks. He could play AJ+ like this but also pockets, which he wants to protect vs overcards.

Next time please remove results or put it in spoiler.
    • AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Yea, i open like this as a standard...I´m lowering to 3bb only in SB vs BB situation.

When I thought about it a bit more, I decided that AI is totally stupid. He will call max with KK, QQ at best....and then also with all the AT AJ AQ AK.......Therefore I don´t think it is profitable.

I think that calldown may be a good solution.
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      I would say it's worth to reconsider the bet sizing in late position. Yeah, he probably calls KK,QQ but in my point of view he will 3bet those most of the time preflop. So if you raise only Ax hands will continue. Let's see what Clemens says on this one.
    • AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      You are right. I forgot to mention this. He will call my AI with KK and QQ .. But he will not have them here nearly...ever. Because he would 3bet them pre.
    • ctstc
      ctstc
      Bronze
      Hi,
      like John said, a call on the Turn and the River is a good solution, because the board is really dry, so you have not to protect against draws,