Bul

• realbula
      realbula
      Bronze
      hi all

i use to think i was good once, won a freeroll back in 2008 to the wsope in london
      day 1. second session was moved to the tv table and spent most of the day playing with ivey and matusow.....

never really ever had a bankroll and with work commitments never had to time to play consistently......

thought id try this course and see where it takes me.......have 2 weeks of work from next tuesday, so hopefully will have a room to myself and play play play.....

any help appreciated

thanks
      bula
  • 2 replies
    • realbula
      realbula
      Bronze
      homework

i play poker to hopefully win a fortune, so i can live where i want and give up working for any body else.

weaknesses probably play when im tired and therefore little patience......

tight aggressive - patience pick spots and when in the hand play it aggressively.....

i am very much a tournament player rather than cash......................

cash would need to be multi tabling, but i never see the point........when finally get a hand like KK normally AA behind.......................or QQ A4 will call and flop ACE high.....................wont mention OMAHA miracle rivers...............

bula
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

That should be nice to be with such famous guys playing with them on same table. :) How did you feel, were they tough to beat?

Playing tired can cause a lot problems. Usually you are moody when tired and get easily angry. Which means you get tilty that brings towards you playing less your A-game. Also lets not forget that you ain't concentrating enough and watching the game which is the worst part. You have to find a way to adjust to tilt. For example against tilt:

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Another option against tilt is to set yourself shorter sessions which might avoid you from tilting. If you playing longer sessions then it's more likely that during that session you can get upset. So work on your game and try to find out what makes you tilt and try to fight against it.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy being with us here and will enjoy the course. In any case you have questions about anything then feel free to ask it, I will try to respond as soon I read it.