This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 10 (i guess) FR Poker Strategy SSS

• Tkn
      Tkn
      Bronze
      am I playing this right? just started today and getting the hang of it (i suppose...lost some dumb hands but recovered playing by the book(

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , Q:spade:
      UTG calls $0,10, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0,70, CO calls $0,70, 3 folds, UTG calls $0,60.

Flop: ($2,25) 6:club: , 5:club: , A:club: (3 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1 (All-In), 2 folds.
  • 3 replies
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Your preflop raise is too high.
      That should be 4B+1BB per limper, since there is just 1 limper, we make it 5BB.
      So that would be $0.50.

As played it's an easy push on the flop with your pair of aces.
      You have to bet here to protect your hand from flushdraws.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Agree,nice hand :) except preflop raise (4BB+1BB per limper).If you have 3-4 limpers in front you can go all in directly.
      Good luck :)
      Bronze
      Hello Tkn,

you played this hand correctly, as DeKuip and dallievas pointed out. Just keep in mind the equation pfr = 4BB + 1BB / limper so you don't invest to much (or too little) money preflop.

Good luck on your trip with SSS and hope to see another hands of yours here.