SB ($11.13)
      BB ($11.15)
      CO ($29.64)
      Hero ($16.60)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: Q:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.20, SB raises to $0.70, fold, Hero calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.50) T:diamond: 3:club: 7:heart:

[color=red]SB bets $0.90,

villain is new to the table playing 15/12 over 26hands with 11.1% 3b.

Only action i've had with him was raised AA last btn, he cold called and donked out pot size on Q43r flop. He folded to my raise.

Raise is small because I'm opening ~60% of btns and bb is folding a lot. And at nl10 I haven't noticed people been playing differently to my min opens so why not get a better price.

This is a spot I'm having some trouble with.... Decided to just call here and play in position seeing as he's unknown. We lose so much money calling 3bs and playing fit or fold, so I'm thinking with 2 overcards and position a fold is not an option. So is it better to raise or call?

if we just flat how do we play turns versus unknowns?

TURN ($3.30) T:diamond: 3:club: 7:heart: 2:diamond:

[color=red]SB bets $1.65,

Thanks.
  • 4 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      i wouldnt raise flop in this spot as you only really rep sets, and villain could easily bluff 3bet you because of this.
      id rather call flop, and then turn seems an easy fold
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Yeah that's how i played it. But seems to be a spot I end up in a lot and wondering if I'm just spewing money...
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Vs unknown I would just fold to his 3bet pre, evan IP.
      Why get yourself into very marginal situations with no info?
      As you say, you lose a lot playing fit or fold and its tough to float/set up bluffs with no history with villain.

As played:

Raise or fold flop.
      Possible that your Ahi is good here a fair amount but would still never flat the flop as you innevitably fold the Turn to a bet unimproved

Only action i've had with him was raised AA last btn, he cold called and donked out pot size on Q43r flop. He folded to my raise.

This is the only useful info you have, dont think the stats over 26 hands are even irrelevant.

Suggests that he is capable of attacking flops with air but doesn't continue in face of aggression...
      or
      Makes (large) informational bets OP and then makes tight folds in face of aggression.

If you are going to flat 3bet pre w AQo vs unknown then I think you have to attack these flops.

i wouldnt raise flop in this spot as you only really rep sets, and villain could easily bluff 3bet you because of this.

Rep 10x, JJ+ and sets. Chances of being 3bet bluffed @NL10?
      You are either gunna raise/fold the flop or flat flop and fold to turn cbet anyway.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello holmeboy,

Preflop: No point to call the 3bet if he is also unknown to you. Then even 4betting is better.

As played
      Postflop: Raising doesn't represent anything so doesn't make sense to raise on the flop. At the best float as long we called preflop aka we expected to be ahead but then again it's difficult to call the turn again. As you see you are just putting yourself into unknown spots and that's also why it's better to know opponents before picking such lines.

Best Regards.