[NL2-NL10] Nl4 Sh A,t

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $6.94 (173.5 bb)
      BTN: $4.56 (114 bb)
      SB: $5 (125 bb)
      BB: $4.99 (124.8 bb)
      UTG: $5.31 (132.8 bb)
      Hero (MP): $6.18 (154.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T A
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.12, CO calls $0.12, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.30) 4 6 T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, CO raises to $0.56, Hero calls $0.34

Turn: ($1.42) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

River: ($3.02) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.51, CO raises to $5.46, Hero calls $3.19 and is all-in

Results:
      $12.42 pot ($0.82 rake)
      Final Board: 4 6 T 4 4
      CO showed K K and won $11.60 ($5.42 net)
      Hero mucked T A and lost (-$6.18 net)
  • 8 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      any stats on villain? 3b%, raise cb, etc?

when you call flop you have to call on seemingly blank turn card.
      however on river, im not sure i understand the lead.
      i dont think villain ever bluff shoves river considering your line and he can still have TT+, 66, sometimes 4x with bdfd on flop
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Only 122 hands

VPIP 16
      PFR 12
      3-bet 9.2
      raise C-bet 29%

I feel I am ahead throughout the hand Pocket T's is extremely unlikely as I hold 1 and the board contains one. Therefore only hands beating me are JJ,QQ,KK,AA and the only one you could possibly forsee imo 66 sometimes JJ (but JJ unlikely from a TAG type player I think), I don't think he shows up with quads often enough to factor that into my decision either as the odds are against that. Before the 4 fell on the river I had slight feelings he may of called with a random suited connector 4,5 etc. or more unlikely an A,4s as he would of percieved me as a TAG reg from what he has seen of my play I don't think he challenges me with trashy Aces. I was roughly 20/16 at this point.

Why would I not lead the river? I believe I have the best hand and a lot of SD value vs. any pockets he maybe calling me down with. If I posted this hand and he showed 99 and I had checked the river you would scorn me for not leading out due to the high probability he would check behind with such hands.
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      as a rule i dont look at the spoiler until after i post, so his particular hand didnt factor into my decision.

your thought process regarding villain having 88/99 does have merit, as villain would almost certainly check back those hands on the river, and you would lose that street of value.
      i would imagine that villain would peel flop with 77-99, rather than raising ip though, and then most likely check back turn

to me, with a river lead it is extremely difficult to get called by worse, as it is almost always chop or better that calls
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      hello!

standard play is to just fold the flop.
      he reps pretty narrow (TT/66/44/64s) but you must also consider that you made a pretty big cbet for such a board which should make him less bluff-happy.
      if he's really raising a lot though (29% is pretty big) TPTK should be good enough to defend, he could also be raising some random backdoor flushdraws+overs and gutshots.
      but of course it could be a sample size issue, and also of course he may not be raising a lot on such a board and vs such a cbet sizing.

as played turn standard, but there is indeed no reason at all to bet the river.
      your line looks very strong and he should never call with something like 99 there because Tx is really bottomest of your range (also i doubt that he ever has 99 there, he'd most likely just flat the flop)
      in any case, if we believe that his range is hands that beat us and busted draws we want to c/c or c/f since we won't get action from worse by betting and better hands will raise us.

as played when he raises you should definitely give up.
      he reps very narrow, but he should be never-ever bluffing vs your line and best case scenario is that you're going for a split, but most likely you aren't even getting that because he shouldn't raise a lot of Tx on the flop.

results are pretty interesting.
      if he's 3betting 9.2% (of course could also be a sample issue) but isn't 3betting KK in such positions then his 3bet range is most likely heavily weighted towards bluffs and you may do good to 4bet him a ton.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      First of all thanks to you both for your views and explainations, they helped me greatly!

You really think my C-Bet is large? It's standard for me to bet 3/4 pot... I only adapt vs. Regs and fish. You think my standard should be lower?

I only classify someone as a TAG reg after I have 250 hands + to review.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Cbet sizes also depend on boards. This board might be a bit dry and could use a small Cbet but I think your sizing is fine because at micros its best to bet large and get max value.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      When you are bet/calling and check/calling his flop and turn you are basically putting him on a bluffs and letting him lead on. Continuing that plan river should be check/called.

However I'd just bet/fold flop cause I'll need a good reason to believe he is bluffing.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      You really think my C-Bet is large? It's standard for me to bet 3/4 pot... I only adapt vs. Regs and fish. You think my standard should be lower?
      yeah, this is definitely too large a sizing for such a board.
      if you're always cbetting 3/4 on every board against everyone you're wasting some money, as a general thought the drier the texture you should cbet smaller.

that said, betting big for value and small for bluffing can work as an unbalanced line against weak players which might allow you to get away with it.

I only classify someone as a TAG reg after I have 250 hands + to review.
      you usually don't need that big a sample.
      50-100 hands can be enough, and if you can know that he's multitabling you shouldn't even that.

villain in this hand is almost certainly a reg :P

First of all thanks to you both for your views and explainations, they helped me greatly!
      you're welcome :)