This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

How to Achieve This Goal?

• pepeelpewRNMD
      pepeelpewRNMD
      Bronze
      Hello, I have studied poker for some months until now by Poker Strategy. I have a goal of earn 20 USD / hour by playing the game. I'd like to ask a few questions about how to achive it:
      1. Which Strategy should I use (is possible with MSS?)?
      2. What NL game should I play (stake) in how many tables at same time?
      3. Which Poker Game should I focus?

I know it is a long run to reach it, but if I am able to know where I want to reach I guess it will be a lot easier.
      Thank you a lot!
  • 1 reply
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by pepeelpewRNMD
      Hello, I have studied poker for some months until now by Poker Strategy. I have a goal of earn 20 USD / hour by playing the game. I'd like to ask a few questions about how to achive it:
      1. Which Strategy should I use (is possible with MSS?)?
      2. What NL game should I play (stake) in how many tables at same time?
      3. Which Poker Game should I focus?

I know it is a long run to reach it, but if I am able to know where I want to reach I guess it will be a lot easier.
      Thank you a lot!
      To answer your question, we really need more information.

I'm going to assume that you will be starting at NL 2
      In other words $0.02 big blinds.

If you have made a big enough deposit, you COULD play higher limits, but it is not recommended.

#1. MSS/BSS -- whichever you like better.
      #2. Stake depends on your bankroll. I would recommend that you have a minimum of 25 buy-ins at whatever level you want to play. If you are buying in at 100 BB, then you could play BSS NL 2 with only $50. If you are buying in at 50 BB (mid stack) then you could play NL 2 w/ only $25 and so on.

#2. Start with one table, play short sessions until you get totally comfortable with the software, and can make judgements quickly, and execute the right moves w/o having to think about which buttons to push etc. Add another table when you're ready -- usually when you find yourself with dead time between hands. Keep adding one table at a time until you reach a state where you are always active, but never missing plays because you're too busy.

#3. No idea w/o knowing what you prefer. Always play the game you feel most comfortable at. However, every once in a while expand your horizons and play something different.

I'm moving this thread to a forum where you're more likely to get responses...