How to Achieve This Goal?

• pepeelpewRNMD
      pepeelpewRNMD
      Bronze
      Hello, I have studied poker for some months until now by Poker Strategy. I have a goal of earn 20 USD / hour by playing the game. I'd like to ask a few questions about how to achive it:
      1. Which Strategy should I use (is possible with MSS?)?
      2. What NL game should I play (stake) in how many tables at same time?
      3. Which Poker Game should I focus?

I know it is a long run to reach it, but if I am able to know where I want to reach I guess it will be a lot easier.
      Thank you a lot!
  • 1 reply
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by pepeelpewRNMD
      Hello, I have studied poker for some months until now by Poker Strategy. I have a goal of earn 20 USD / hour by playing the game. I'd like to ask a few questions about how to achive it:
      1. Which Strategy should I use (is possible with MSS?)?
      2. What NL game should I play (stake) in how many tables at same time?
      3. Which Poker Game should I focus?

I know it is a long run to reach it, but if I am able to know where I want to reach I guess it will be a lot easier.
      Thank you a lot!
      To answer your question, we really need more information.

I'm going to assume that you will be starting at NL 2
      In other words $0.02 big blinds.

If you have made a big enough deposit, you COULD play higher limits, but it is not recommended.

#1. MSS/BSS -- whichever you like better.
      #2. Stake depends on your bankroll. I would recommend that you have a minimum of 25 buy-ins at whatever level you want to play. If you are buying in at 100 BB, then you could play BSS NL 2 with only $50. If you are buying in at 50 BB (mid stack) then you could play NL 2 w/ only $25 and so on.

#2. Start with one table, play short sessions until you get totally comfortable with the software, and can make judgements quickly, and execute the right moves w/o having to think about which buttons to push etc. Add another table when you're ready -- usually when you find yourself with dead time between hands. Keep adding one table at a time until you reach a state where you are always active, but never missing plays because you're too busy.

#3. No idea w/o knowing what you prefer. Always play the game you feel most comfortable at. However, every once in a while expand your horizons and play something different.

I'm moving this thread to a forum where you're more likely to get responses...