[NL2-NL10] 89s - raise preflop

• AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

I´m standing against 20/10 here who is willing to fold Cbets around 80 percent. I played 89s even mid stacked because I never played a single hand on the table for very long time and i wanted to use this to my advantage. behind me were only players who are relatively tight or are willing to fold Cbet.

I hit the flop with a combo draw but truth is that when I hit my straight it wont be nut straght. is it worth to try and push it all in? I´m not sure how to play the turn as well....bet on? Or just give up? I´m leaning towards give up cause straight is very probable already, I cant have nut flush anyway and on such high board I don´t think tat there is many things that will not call me anyway.

How to play this profitably?

PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 7 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: $5.00
      Hero (UTG+1): $2.00
      MP: $5.28
      CO: $5.69
      BTN: $10.19
      SB: $2.18
      BB: $5.88

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has 9:spade: 8:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.20, MP calls $0.20, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.47, 2 players) 7:diamond: A:spade: J:spade:
      Hero bets $0.30, MP calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.07, 2 players) K:club:

Hero ???
  • 2 replies
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      Hey,

preflop is ok even though I don't think somebody is checking whether you have played last 20 hands or not. But hand selection is good, because we will know where we stand postflop and won't get dominated (like open with QJ hand where people call AQ, AJ for example).

Flop is fine. On turn I would check/fold, because if we bet we have to play bet/call. Your opponents hit something taking his fold2cbet into account. You have no FEQ here.
    • ctstc
      ctstc
      Bronze
      Hi,
      easy answer, on the Turn i would play c/c if the Odds are the right, and c/f in the other situations. ;)