Krobbers journey NL2 to NL100

• woodzzi
      woodzzi
      Bronze
      hello poker strategy community! I think it's about time that I introduce myself the forums that have helped me so much over the year.

I'd like to start by giving a brief introduction about myself and my situation. I am a 23 year old student from America and I have currently been traveling for four years, slowly gathering college credits through colleges in the states, a university in Thailand, and now I am taking a brief break from studies to work in Norway (very expensive country but very good salary). I was introduced to poker around two years ago from a buddy of mine from the states who had been playing poker/ traveling with his buddies in Thailand. I was hooked at the mathematical aspect as well as the mental aspect of it as well. It's safe to say poker has helped me grow as an individual in terms of putting effort into a hobby, time management, learning through my own means outside of class studies.

Unfortunately, I have been a huge lag fish the past months of play, winning big tournaments and using half the money to survive and travel, and blowing the other half on spray cash game sessions. It's time to change this horrible circle. :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:

So I've played limits up to nl400 with varying degrees of success. I have huge streaks for example last night playing nl100 building 12 BI only to lose it playing like a fish. I'm starting back to the basics.

I will use this blog to monitor my poker goals, post hands, and also talk about my life, my traveling experiences, encounters and what not! Its been a wild ride and i want to include this community in it, maybe eventually get into skype sessions and possibly meet some other Norwegian players! Cheers guys!
      :spade:
      Woodzzi
  • 6 replies
    • woodzzi
      woodzzi
      Bronze
      Going to start at nl5, going to crush my way up to NL10 by the end of the month.

Include a daily video review, taking notes and also relating my personal opinion,
      Key notes that should be running through my head at all times while playing!

Starting Bankroll: $120
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      Will follow :D good luck, hope to see some graphs too :)
    • woodzzi
      woodzzi
      Bronze
      On a bit of a poker break at the moment visiting some friends in Stockholm. Will be back on the grind as soon as I am back
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Looking foreward to an update! :f_thumbsup:
    • woodzzi
      woodzzi
      Bronze
      hallooo whoevers following my soon to be epic blog while it's coming out of its' infancy! Ended up staying in Oslo with my buddies and clubbing/relaxing.

Alright I am back and decided to start my session today. After rethinking my strategy towards building a bank roll, I have changed my mind about how to go about doing it

I wanted to test out my Full Ring skills this week and eventually move to short handed next month. This is a short 2 and a half hour session 6 tabling NL2. I will basically be doing Full Ring for a bit until I feel comfortable transfering over to short handed.

Starting Bankroll: $120.33
      Ending Bankroll: $133.79

I haven't really started off this month the way I wanted to, so I am basically going to start doing more than just browsing The Quick Guide to Skyrocketing Your Poker and Life Productivity
      and I am going to follow this religiously. I think this is such a great thread and can be applied to many other things besides poker. If you haven't seen it or try it, take a look! Let's do this together :)
    • gigenieks
      gigenieks
      Global
      Hi!

Keep the posts flowing. ;)